Old April 8th 11, 09:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

Default Response to Allegations of Corruption in FIDE

Nigel Freeman of Bermuda, who is the Treasurer of FIDE, points out
that FIDE is one of the most open organizations in the world. For
example, every year for the past twenty or so years, FIDE has
appointed one American to the FIDE Verification Commission which
overlooks FIDE Finances. Right now it is Ruth Haring, before her it
was Beatriz Marinello and before her it was Don Schultz.

Similarly there has always been one American on the FIDE Presidential
Board and on the FIDE Ethics Commission.

If the USCF does not like what is going on in FIDE it must be because
it does not like the work being done by the US Representatives to
FIDE. Complain to them if you have a complaint.

Every FIDE Commission is open to the public. Nothing is closed.

Now compare that to the USCF where the ruling powers are constantly
holding secret meetings and the general membership is not allowed to
have any idea what is going on behind closed doors.

Old April 8th 11, 01:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

On Apr 8, 4:12*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Sam, we all know that your only real objection to corruption in
either the USCF or FIDE is that none of it gets into your pocket.
You'd love to be on the take from Ilyumzhinov.
Old April 8th 11, 02:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

On Apr 8, 8:12*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* Sam, we all know that your only real objection to corruption in
either the USCF or FIDE is that none of it gets into your pocket.
You'd love to be on the take from Ilyumzhinov.-

You sure? Sam where did you get that watch you hocked?
Old April 8th 11, 04:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

IMO, that's a rather simplistic view of how FIDE actually works.
[/quote]

Strange for you to say that as I have never seen you at a FIDE
meeting, nor for that matter have I ever seen any of these persistent
critics at a FIDE meeting.

Old April 8th 11, 05:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

On Apr 8, 11:35*am, samsloan wrote:
IMO, that's a rather simplistic view of how FIDE actually works.
[/quote]

Sam, if that remark was aimed at me, you have not understood. I was
not talking about how FIDE works I was talking about how /you/ work.

Old April 8th 11, 07:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

On Apr 8, 12:01*pm, Taylor Kingston
wrote:
On Apr 8, 11:35*am, samsloan wrote:

IMO, that's a rather simplistic view of how FIDE actually works.
[/quote]

* Sam, if that remark was aimed at me, you have not understood. I was
not talking about how FIDE works I was talking about how /you/ work.

Sam got a Rolex from Ilyumzhinov.
Old April 8th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:35*am, samsloan wrote:

IMO, that's a rather simplistic view of how FIDE actually works.
[/quote]

* Sam, if that remark was aimed at me, you have not understood. I was
not talking about how FIDE works I was talking about how /you/ work..

Sam got a Rolex from Ilyumzhinov.

If he did, I'd bet he set a new land speed record getting it to a
pawn shop.
Old April 8th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:35?am, samsloan wrote:

IMO, that's a rather simplistic view of how FIDE actually
works. [/quote]

? Sam, if that remark was aimed at me, you have not understood. I
was not talking about how FIDE works ? I was talking about how /you/
work.

Sam got a Rolex from Ilyumzhinov.

If he did, I'd bet he set a new land speed record getting it to a
pawn shop.

I've always wondered about these shops. Where do you buy the rest of the
set from?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Old April 9th 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa,alt.chess

wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:35*am, samsloan wrote:

IMO, that's a rather simplistic view of how FIDE actually works.
[/quote]

* Sam, if that remark was aimed at me, you have not understood. I was
not talking about how FIDE works I was talking about how /you/ work.

Sam got a Rolex from Ilyumzhinov.

* If he did, I'd bet he set a new land speed record getting it to a
pawn shop.

Actually, I find one of the refreshing aspects of the company of chess
players that most of us would prefer to pawn a Rolex rather than wear
one as a status symbol, whether we have money or not.

Jerry Spinrad