Old June 17th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,nyc.politics

Default Somebody has hacked into my gmail account and is sending out fake messages

On May 18, 10:46*am, Samuel Sloan wrote:
On May 18, 6:47*am, Samuel Sloan wrote:

I do not know how to stop this. Google does not have a telephone
number to call. My backup email address has also been changed.

Whomever did this knows how to do it.

Sam Sloan

On May 18, 5:48*am, Samuel Sloan wrote:

Somebody has hacked into my gmail account and is sending out a
fraudulent message saying that I have been robbed in Spain and please
send me some money

This message is fraudulent. I am not in Spain. I am in California. I
have not been robbed. Do not send any money to that address.

Interpol should go to that address and arrest anybody who is receiving
money there.

The Real Sam Sloan

The Fake emails say the following:

I urgently need your help

Somebody has hacked into my gmail account and is sending out a
fraudulent message saying that I have been robbed in Spain and please
send me some money

This message is fraudulent. I am not in Spain. I am in California. I
have not been robbed. Do not send any money to that address.

Interpol should go to that address and arrest anybody who is receiving
money there.

The Real Sam Sloan

Here is the fake email.

--- *Sam Sloan [email protected] wrote:

My sincere regrets for this sudden request, things actually got out of control on my trip to Madrid,Spain . I was mugged,all my belongings including cellphone and credit card were all stolen at gun point. I need your help flying back home. I Am Cash Strapped at the moment. I've made contact with my bank but the best they could do was to send me a new card in the mail which will take 2-4 working days to arrive here. I need you to lend me some Money to sort my self out of this predicament, i will pay back once i make it out of Madrid.Western Union or MoneyGram is the fastest option to wire funds to me.

Let me know if you need my details(Full names/location) to effect
atransfer. You can reach me via email or hotel's desk phone and the
number is,+34 91 641916041.

Sincerely,
Sam Sloan

ROFLMAO. If ANYONE were STUPID enough to send money to Spain to help
SAM SLOAN, then they derserve to be fleeced. Here's a heads up Sam:
This is just another "Nigerian" phishing scam. Even IF it were TRUE
and you WERE in Spain, there's no way I would send you a plugged
nickle to help you!!
Old June 17th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,nyc.politics

On Jun 17, 2:50*pm, Bobcat wrote:

ROFLMAO. If ANYONE were STUPID enough to send money *to Spain to help
SAM SLOAN, then they derserve to be fleeced. Here's a heads up Sam:
This is just another *"Nigerian" phishing scam. Even IF it were TRUE
and you WERE *in Spain, there's no way I would send you a plugged
nickle to help you!!-

Wait just a cotton picking minute. I sent $2,000 and now I'm going to
have to sue him to get it back. I can prove that there was a post so
now he obviously owes me the money. Sam, what's your address of
residence now a days?
Old June 27th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,nyc.politics

On Jun 17, 3:09*pm, None wrote:
On Jun 17, 2:50*pm, Bobcat wrote:

ROFLMAO. If ANYONE were STUPID enough to send money *to Spain to help
SAM SLOAN, then they derserve to be fleeced. Here's a heads up Sam:
This is just another *"Nigerian" phishing scam. Even IF it were TRUE
and you WERE *in Spain, there's no way I would send you a plugged
nickle to help you!!-

Wait just a cotton picking minute. I sent $2,000 and now I'm going to
have to sue him to get it back. I can prove that there was a post so
now he obviously owes me the money. Sam, what's your address of
residence now a days?

End of 9-1-1 call:
"Ma'am, do you have an address?"
"No, a blouse and slacks. Why?"