Old July 7th 11, 02:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Sandal in Chess Continental of the Americas Meeting

A meeting of the Americas Continent, which includes all of the chess
playing countries in North, Central and South America is now taking
place in Cali, Colombia.

Beatriz Marinello, a FIDE Vice-President and former USCF President who
is also current chairman of the USCF Scholastic Council and a member
of the US Chess Trust, has offered to represent the USCF at this
meeting, since she is at the meeting and the USCF is not sending
anybody to the meeting.

This offer has been rejected by the Goichberg-controlled USCF board
for reasons of personal jealousy and rivalry.

It is truly a scandal that the USCF does not send a representative to
such an important meeting, which affects the livelihoods of all of our
professional players, and refuses offers by Beatriz Marinello, a
former USCF President, to represent us.

Old July 7th 11, 08:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

I overheard Goichberg discussing this very issue with a chess politico
at the World Open.

Goichberg expressed strong opposition to allowing Beatriz Marinello to
represent the USCF in any capacity.

All of the reasons given by Goichberg seemed purely personal.

Are you saying that Mike Atkins also is opposed to allowing Beatriz to
represent the USCF at the meeting in Cali.

If so, what are your reasons?

Remember that the alternatives are, either have nobody represent the
USCF and ignore the meeting or have Beatriz represent the USCF.

Sam Sloan

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Michael Atkins
wrote:
Continue to look at the world through anti-Goichberg glasses and that is all
you will see.
Having played in the World Open, you know what he has been doing for the
past 2 weeks.
We haven't heard a word from him about anything other than to vote on Hall's
contract.
Change the way you look at the world and the world you look at changes. When
all you
see are Goichberg led conspiracies when he hasn't been in contact with any
of us
during this, then all you see are Goichberg's behind every tree. I truly
feel sad for you sometimes.

Old July 7th 11, 09:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with Don Schultz when he says that
the Americas "Continent" should be divided into North and South
America.

What he really wants is for the United States of America to be named a
separate continent. I doubt that he wants for the USCF to be in the
same group with Canada and Mexico, not to mention Bermuda, Puerto
Rico, Guatemala, etc.

What he really should be advocating to be consistent is abolishing the
continental system altogether, rather than just making the USA a
separate continent.

Old July 7th 11, 01:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jul 7, 4:59*am, samsloan wrote:
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with Don Schultz

Gee I guess the weasel won't be leaking any personal info about any
chess officials to you anymore. Tell everyone who leaked to you the
personal info about a former board members sleeping preferences. C'mon
Sam, gadfly like you will stoop to any means to get everyone's
attention.
Old July 8th 11, 01:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

samsloan wrote:
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with Don Schultz when he says that
the Americas "Continent" should be divided into North and South
America.

What he really wants is for the United States of America to be named a
separate continent. I doubt that he wants for the USCF to be in the
same group with Canada and Mexico, not to mention Bermuda, Puerto
Rico, Guatemala, etc.

What he really should be advocating to be consistent is abolishing the
continental system altogether, rather than just making the USA a
separate continent.

Sam Sloan

Well, I have said many times that the US should have taken over Mexico back
in the 1830's when we had the chance. By this time, everyone would be a lot
better off, especially the Mexicans.......(We should have taken over the
whole world in 1945, too....A la George Patton) Think of all the millions of
innocent lives that would have been saved had we done so.

Old July 8th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessSpawn
Your last statement is telling. [my emphasis] It
totally begs the question of where your loyalty would lie in a dispute
between FIDE and the USCF. As a member of the USCF EB you loyalty
would be to the USCF and decisions made by the EB in relation to
FIDE. IMO, you clearly have your interests at the forefornt which is
of no surprise to me. Your attitude is not one that I would want the
membership to have to deal with on the EB. Shades of some of your
good friends who have been on that board.
Brian "My Country Right or Wrong" Lafferty says that if the USCF sues
FIDE again, we should always support the USCF's suit, even if the USCF
is wrong (as it usually is) and FIDE is right (as it usually is.)

Old July 9th 11, 10:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Beatriz Marinello has posted a picture from the meeting in Cali,
Colombia on her Facebook page.

It shows 17 presidents of chess federations in the Americas continent,
which includes North, Central and South America. It is a remarkable
picture.

However, nobody representing the USCF is in the picture.

If is unfortunate that the USCF has decided to ignore such an
important meeting.

Old July 16th 11, 10:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 8, 12:28*pm, samsloan wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessSpawn
Your last statement is telling. [my emphasis] It
totally begs the question of where your loyalty would lie in a dispute
between FIDE and the USCF. *As a member of the USCF EB you loyalty
would be to the USCF and decisions made by the EB in relation to
FIDE. *IMO, you clearly have your interests at the forefornt which is
of no surprise to me. *Your attitude is not one that I would want the
membership to have to deal with on the EB. *Shades of some of your
good friends who have been on that board.

Sam Sloan

"beg the question" -- to assume the truth of that which has to be
proven. Aren't science and math students supposed to know this? You
perhaps mean "invites the question."

David Ames
Old July 16th 11, 01:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 16, 5:16*am, David Ames wrote:

"beg the question" -- to assume the truth of that which has to be
proven. *Aren't science and math students supposed to know this? *You
perhaps mean "invites the question." David Ames

I don't know, invite someone..., beg someone. Pretty close situation
if you ask me. Even if you don't, still close enough for internet
work.

Old November 17th 11, 11:58 AM
Junior Member

I'd like to come, but distance away~~