Old February 22nd 12, 11:51 PM posted to alt.chess

Default Beginner Question

Hi,

True beginner.

Looking for a free chess site where I can play, at a Beginner level,
against a computer.

Really don't want to go up against a human at this point.

Seem to be many sites, some where you have to Register, and some
(preferable) where apparently you do not.

Might anyone recommend a "good" site for me, please.

I did find: http://www.chess.com/play/computer.html

Is this a good one for me ?
It does want to put a Cookie, or several on my PC.
Also, apparently Doubleclick does too, via this site.
So, I'm not too thrilled about using.

Are there any good sites that you might recommend that don't want to
install any Cookies ?

Much thanks,
Bob