Old December 28th 12, 02:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Bauer is Running Again for the Board !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
In the 'never say never' category, I have changed
my mind and am now going to run for the USCF Executive Board in 2013.
That's either the good news or bad news, depending on your
perspective. The bad news/good news (again, depending on your
perspective) is that I filed away the nominating papers and signatures
I had obtained at the annual Delegates Meeting and cannot figure out
where I filed them (probably an indicator of early onset total
forgetfulness).

The deadline for sending signatures of 50 eligible voters/15 delegates/
from 5 states is 12/31/12. I have so far acquired plenty of delegates
and states but am still short of the 50 total.

If you are an eligible voter and would be willing to sign my
nominating petition (please note, that is not an indicator of support
in the election, just an indicator that you support my being on the
ballot), please send me PM or email me at and
I will send you a nominating petition for you to print out, sign and
either scan and send back to me or fax to the USCF office.

Thanks (although I'm not sure my wife thanks you).
I am definitely not running this time so you are safe from me.

It is ridiculous to try to run for election when the ED rigs the
process. Last time the ED ruled I did not have enough signatures even
though did. This time he will no doubt say that Bauer had enough
signatures, even though he doesn't.

Why don't you ask the ED to waive the $250 filing fee requirement? He
has done it in the past for candidates he has favored such as Polgar
and Truong. Perhaps he will do it for you too?