Old April 19th 17, 04:48 AM posted to alt.chess

Default Why did Fischer leave chess?

Do you think it was fear of losing? Greed? Mental illness?

I am going with Greed. I think he thought he was in such a high
demand he should be getting paid much more than he was actually worth.
While he was considered the best chess player of the time, I don't
think chess would bring in the money he was asking. Especially when
he was making demands for the cameras being turned off and the people
should be removed.