Old August 23rd 04, 12:26 PM
Sky Walker

Default Is CM 7000's rating for artifical players a joke?

hello Guys,

I am a starting player and i have got a copy of CM 7000 last week cheap
($5). I have been playing some rated games against it, and beginning with
rated games CM 700 does not allow me to play against opponents rated higher
that 2200.

Now, playing 20 mins for each player i am able to beat the highest rated
opponent that i am allowed to play (tried sunny/2180 Dylan/1980 ) rather
comfortably. Not that i never lose - but its rather rare at these levels.

I am suspecting something wrong here. Surely i cant be 2000 rated. Is the
ELOs mentioned in CM 7000 artificial players way off the mark? BTW, it rates
Chess Master as 2742 which i think is a joke.

My machine is a 1 Gig, with 256 MB RAM.

thanks,