Old August 26th 04, 07:19 PM
Florida Chess

Default Fischer + Kosteniuk

In the latest radio interview Bobby Fischer says he wants Alexandra
Kosteniuk in his cell when/if he is sent to the USA - pretty cool eh?
Alexandra - if you are reading this post - what do you think? :-)

Old August 26th 04, 11:35 PM
Chess Freak

What? Does Alexandra need loony lessons?

Old August 27th 04, 01:40 AM
Lonnie

}
}"Florida Chess" wrote in message
om...
}| In the latest radio interview Bobby Fischer says he wants Alexandra
}| Kosteniuk in his cell when/if he is sent to the USA - pretty cool eh?

He's still alive & kicking! :.)

}| Alexandra - if you are reading this post - what do you think? :-)
}|
}|
}

Old August 27th 04, 07:49 AM
eros

Fischer: I don't want him in my cell. I want a chick. How about that
Russian chick, what's her name, Kosteniuk? This Spassky, he is a very
good friend enemy of mine a friend and enemy.

I thought I heard him say "frenemy".

However, Fischer is completely out of it. There are many more
beautiful female chess grandmasters than Kosteniuk. Fischer just does
not know them.

I wouldn't say "many" more beautiful female chess grandmasters Sam. Perhaps
a few more, such as Skripchenko, Repkova......hmmm....can't think of anyone
else off the top of my head. Kosteniuk is quite attractive in my opinion,
and certainly worthy of RJF's charms. I wouldn't mind being locked in a cell
with her, a chess board & clock, a case of wine, and a large box of condoms
for a month or so.

Jason Repa

Old August 27th 04, 02:10 PM
John A Swartz

And one might have assumed Spassky was someone Fischer still considered
a friend - another bridge goes up in flames...

Michael A. Oberly wrote:

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:02:39 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

Anchor: Bobby, how about the letter by Boris Spassky on your behalf?

Fischer: I saw it, I didn't like it. I didn't like the tone and he was
trying to make me sound like a weirdie.

Yeah,Spassky should burn in hell for that.

Old August 27th 04, 06:36 PM
eros

Spassky is the one who burnt that bridge. He was very condescending and
innapropriate in his tone in that letter. Fischer is not in need of "mercy",
and certainly doesn't want any either. It is JUSTICE he is interested in,
and that is a difficult thing to get in America. Especially for a straight
shooter like Fischer.

Old August 27th 04, 07:06 PM
John A Swartz

Since Fischer (by his recent interviews) is convinced that he will be
tried, convicted, tortured, and murdered by the U.S., perhaps Spassky's
appeals for "mercy" (as oppossed to "justice") are more appropriate. Of
course, maybe all the people who will stand out in front of the U.S. and
Japanese embassies (as indicated by Fischer's interview) will do more
for Fischer than his "frenemy" Spassky.