Old August 27th 04, 06:44 AM
Jules De la Riva

Default Opening Repertoire

I need suggestions for an opening repertoire. I would describe my style of
play as inflicting "death from suffocation" upon my opponents. Imagine a
slow moving mountain of molasses overtaking you until resistance becomes
impossible. Thanks in advance.

Old August 28th 04, 12:39 PM
Brian Kerr

"Jules De la Riva" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...
I need suggestions for an opening repertoire. I would describe my style of
play as inflicting "death from suffocation" upon my opponents. Imagine a
slow moving mountain of molasses overtaking you until resistance becomes
impossible. Thanks in advance.

What is your rating? That is IMHO a necessity to suggest the proper
openings.

Old August 29th 04, 06:05 AM
Roman M. Parparov

Brian Kerr wrote:

"Jules De la Riva" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...
I need suggestions for an opening repertoire. I would describe my style of
play as inflicting "death from suffocation" upon my opponents. Imagine a
slow moving mountain of molasses overtaking you until resistance becomes
impossible. Thanks in advance.

What is your rating? That is IMHO a necessity to suggest the proper
openings.

A player whose rating is high enough to make a "repertoire" important
doesn't ask such questions.

Again, it's a catch - if you need to ask general questions about your
"repertoire", you don't need a repertoire. Just play naturally, as
beginners' guides suggest - center, development, etc.

--
Roman M. Parparov - NASA EOSDIS project node at TAU technical manager.
Email: http://www.nasa.proj.ac.il/