Old August 29th 04, 03:36 PM
KNMGlasgow

Default Anyone familiar with using Chessbase 7? How do you do this?

This will probably seem like a trivial question to an experienced user, but
I would seriously appreciate some help.

I have been using Chessbase 7 for a wee while now but I still don't know how
to do the following:

I put in a new game, and if I right click I can search for the same position
or a novelty in my Megabase or Informator databases.

But then how do I incorportae that information into the game I have saved?

Really appreciate some help on this...

Kenny
Glasgow, Scotland

Old August 29th 04, 10:02 PM
dleong99

Kenny,

Your search for the same position yields a new window with a matching
game(s). Select the game or games you wish to merge into your newly
entered game. Then drag and drop (use left mouse button and hold it
down while dragging the item to the "new game" window then release
the left mouse button) them to the "newly entered game" window. If
you wish to select them all, do a CTRL-A and then drag and drop. If
you only want some of them, select the games while holding down the
CTRL key and then drag and drop.

Cheers from a Glenmorangie fan.

Old August 30th 04, 08:49 AM
KNMGlasgow

Dear Glenmorangie Fan,

Scholar and a gentleman "Lang may your lum reek"*

Thanks - big help that, and it works!

Kenny

*Old Scottish blessing roughly translated: "May the fire in your hearth burn
for a long time"

P.S. Incidentally if you are interested Glenmorangie is up for sale (along
with Ardbeg another distillery they own) if you have a few hundred million
going spare....

om...