Old March 31st 04, 09:24 PM
CricketConnoisseur

Default THE GAME THAT EVERYONE WANTED AGAINST CHESSMASTER HIMSELF

Okay everyone here's the game.

I played chessmaster himself (and did so at the highest settings
etc.). NO CHIMPS HERE.

d4 Nf6
Nf3 d5
Nc3 g6
g3 Bg7
Bg2 0-0
0-0 Nbd7
Bf4 Nb6
Qc1 Bf5
Bh6 B xh6 (Here there are times chessmaster plays Qd6. When that
happens I haven't been able to counter his moves. However, many times
he takes my bishop and I follow by taking with my queen.

Qxh6 Bxc2
Ng5 c6
f3 Na4
Rac1 Qb6
Rxc2 Qxd4+
Rf2 Nxb2
Rxb2 Qxc3
e4 Rab8
exd5 cxd5
f4 e6
g4 Rfc8
f5 Qd4
fxe6 Rc1+
Bf1 Rxf1+
Kxf1 Qd1+ (From here on end it is chessmaster who is forced to draw
with me as he is facing mate).
Kg2 Qxg4+
Kf1 Qd1+
Kg2 Qg4+
Kf1 Qd1+
Kg2 Qg4+
Kf1 (Draw by repitition)

I almost had chessmaster but this program is just too strong for
someone like me to beat it at the highest level on a very strong
computer.

However, I did manage to give it a very hard time and actually forced
chessmaster to draw with me. (Not the other way around). I believe I
had the initiative almost throughout the game. However, the computers
awesome calculating powers were just too strong.

However, if someone like me (who is not a GM or even an IM) can pull
of something like this I am sure that many better players than me on
this nsg can take my game and use it to maybe come up with a strategy
to beat chessmaster himself.

Regards,

Chessplayer
Old April 1st 04, 03:57 AM
Benjamin Jordan

Congratulations! What was the time control? Hardware?

- Benjamin Jordan

om...

Old April 1st 04, 10:31 AM
CricketConnoisseur

"Benjamin Jordan" wrote in message ...
Congratulations! What was the time control? Hardware?

- Benjamin Jordan

Thank you.

I set the game at one hour each for each player. Two second increment.
I am not that computer savvy but I believe its a pentium 4 (probably a
2.4 ghz or higher).
and a 512 MB RAM.

It sure feels good to have achieved the above. I hope that better
players than me see my game and try and devise a strategy to actually
beat chessmaster.

Regards,

Chessplayer

Old April 5th 04, 10:44 AM
anhedonist

"CricketConnoisseur" wrote in message
om...
I played chessmaster himself (and did so at the highest settings
etc.). NO CHIMPS HERE.

SNIP

Chessplayer

What time settings/Hash/Personality Mods were made? and what opening book
was used?

anhedonist