Old March 31st 04, 11:51 PM
Samik

Default Plus scores and Minus scores

I know of only one person who has a plus score against Garry Kasparov.
Can anybody guess who it is ? (In fact, he has a 4-0-0 score against
Garry !).
I don't know if there is anybody else to have a plus against him..do
you ? In fact, Kramnik and Karpov are the only ones who ran Kasparov
close, others being simly annihilated.
What about others ? AFAIK, Vishy Anand has a negative score only
against Garry. He has plus against everybody including a huge plus
against Karpov. Kramnik has minus against Anand and Kasparov, but his
record against Kasparov is something which others like Anand etc won't
even dream of emulating.
Poor Shirov has extremely pathetic score against Kasparov and Anand,
and it has been suggested that it has a lot to do with psychology
rather than playing skills. After their world championship match a few
years back, a dejected Shirov said " Some things never change. Vishy
always beats me ! ". Against Garry, he doesn't even have a single win.
Jose Capablanca is the only one I know who had plus against everybody
he played ! (what about Fischer by the way ? .. does anybody know ?)
Samik
Old April 1st 04, 05:38 AM
Steve Grant

"Samik" wrote in message
om...
(what about Fischer by the way ? .. does anybody know ?)

Geller was plus against Fischer.

Old April 1st 04, 06:12 PM
Benjamin Jordan

Got it - GM Murray Chandler :-) Kasparov was about 13 years old for the
first 3 games, but Chandler beat him again in '85.

- Benjamin Jordan

"Samik" wrote in message
om...
I know of only one person who has a plus score against Garry Kasparov.
Can anybody guess who it is ? (In fact, he has a 4-0-0 score against
Garry !).
[snip]

Old April 4th 04, 04:39 AM
Samik

Benjamin is right ! Murray Chandler it is. He played Garry
4 times and beat him on all the four occasions...isn't that
amazing ?
Any other interesting fact about plus/minus scores ? Karpov..
Kramnik...Vishy...
Samik

"Benjamin Jordan" wrote in message . ..
Got it - GM Murray Chandler :-) Kasparov was about 13 years old for the
first 3 games, but Chandler beat him again in '85.

- Benjamin Jordan

om...