Old September 7th 04, 03:34 AM
Mogath3

Default Sicilian 2.a3

Has anyone ever seen this move? If so, what is the name of the variation?

Regards,
Jeff

Old September 10th 04, 05:29 PM
M. Wehrmann

"Mogath3" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Has anyone ever seen this move? If so, what is the name of the variation?

Regards,
Jeff

There is a brandnew book about Sicilian with 2 a3:

(GM) Alexei Bezgodov,
" Challenging the Sicilian with 2 a3!? "

Published by Chess Stars Openings, Sofia, Bulgaria (2004).
206 pages.

Or have a look at
www.niggemann.com

Manuel W.

Old September 20th 04, 08:27 AM
RocketMan

I think this is called the Mengarini Variation.

--

RocketMan

Old September 30th 04, 08:00 PM
Jostein

On 2004-09-20 09:27:56 +0200, "RocketMan" said:

I think this is called the Mengarini Variation.

Yes, it is called the Mengarini variation. I think the point is to play
a winggambit avoiding 2.b4 cxb4 3.a3 d5!