Old April 6th 04, 07:35 PM
Leopold

Default Tactic Problem

Another Tactic of the Old School has been added to my web site. Try and
slove it if you can at http://amchesscoaching.com
Coach Leopold

Old April 8th 04, 12:09 AM
me

Qxc3+!!

Old April 8th 04, 12:53 AM
Rubix

Boy! was that easy. Can anyone come up with some rather difficult tactical
problems that even Fritz can't solve?

Rubix

Old April 8th 04, 10:31 AM
David Richerby

Rubix wrote:
Boy! was that easy. Can anyone come up with some rather difficult
tactical problems that even Fritz can't solve?

rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1

White to play and win.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Microsoft Clock (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ clock that's really hard to use!
Old April 8th 04, 03:27 PM
Antonio Torrecillas

En/na David Richerby ha escrit:
Rubix wrote:

Boy! was that easy. Can anyone come up with some rather difficult
tactical problems that even Fritz can't solve?

rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1

White to play and win.

Dave.

Excuse-me sir,

I have tried to solve this problem: sometimes I have seen lines which
seemed won for white but some time later I have found the antidote, ...
maybe the position is only draw?

If you post here your "posible" solution I would check if you have not
calculate all the replies and will post here the drawing line.

thank you,
Antonio T.

Ps: There are a lot of chessproblems which are easier to solve for
people than for computers, ... but maybe the point is to solve all the
problems without it (in order to learn)