Old April 13th 04, 03:16 PM

Date: 4/8/04

(10) Qh5 Qxg2
(11) Qh5+ g5
(12) Ng6+ Kxf2
(13) Nxh8+ Kg2
(14) Qf7 Bb4+
(15) Nc3 Qxh1
(16) Kd2 Qg2
(17) Re1 d6++

I lost this game. I think I should have skewered the rook on the a1
square when I had the chance. That's the rook that got me this time.
I also started middle game maneuvers before my king was safely
castled. White took away my right to castle on the ninth move. I'm
not sure how good my opening development was.

Please provide your analysis for this game. I would appreciate it if
you could send me a private message to let me know that you've posted
your analysis. I don't check the newsgroups daily. Also please
provide your chess rating, if possible, I'd like to gage the analysis
is that I'm getting back from you.

Thanks.
Old April 14th 04, 05:49 AM
matt -`;'-

Default Please Analyze Game 1.

Please find a good chess book that describes how to write proper chess notation, or search for it on the web. Take the time to
learn how it works then repost your games. This will make it easier for someone else to try an analyze your games. It only takes a
little time to get used to how it works and it will help both yourself and others. Some of your moves are not notated correctly. I
can guess some of your moves, but it would be better if I did not have to guess because I could guess wrong.

If you post a game in pgn format it makes it even easier for someone to analyze.

In the pgn example below the boxes and info you could write in them are optional, so you can omit them completely if you want. The
important detail is how the moves are written as you can see in the examples below. In the first example from an incomplete game
there is an askerisk at the end to show that neither side has won. If this game were won by White then you would write 1-0 instead
of the askerisk. If Black won then you would write 0-1 instead of the askerisk.

[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nge7 4. Bxc6 Nxc6 5. O-O Be7 6. Nc3 O-O 7. Nd5 d6 8.
d3 f5 9. c3 f4 10. Qb3 Kh8 *

Another example:

[Event "06.DSB-Haupt.Sieger (Tie-Break)"]
[Site "GER Breslau"]
[Date "1889.07.27"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Feyerfeil"]
[Black "Lasker, Em."]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 d5 2. Bf4 c5 3.
dxc5 Nc6 4. Nf3 f6 5. e3 e5 6. Bg3 Bxc5 7. c3 Nge7 8. Nbd2 Be6 9. Qa4 a6 10. Rd1
b5 11. Qc2 Qc8 12. a3 O-O 13. Be2 Bf5 14. Qc1 Ra7 15. O-O g5 16. Rfe1 Kh8 17.
Nf1 Qe6 18. Rd2 Rd7 19. Red1 Na5 20. b4 Nb3 21. Qb2 Nxd2 22. Rxd2 Ba7 23. a4 Rb7
24. axb5 axb5 25. Rd1 Qc6 26. N1d2 Be6 27. h3 Rc8 28. Rc1 Nf5 29. Bh2 e4 30. Ne1
d4 31. Nxe4 dxe3 32. f3 Bc4 33. Kh1 Bxe2 34. Qxe2 Bb8 35. Bxb8 Rbxb8 36. Kg1 Qb6
37. Nd3 Re8 38. Ndc5 Rbd8 39. g4 Nh4 40. Qxe3 Qc7 41. Rf1 Ng6 42. Qf2 Nf4 43.
Qh2 Qe5 44. Rb1 Qd5 45. Qc2 Nxh3+ 46. Kh2 Nf4 47. Nxf6 Qd2+ 0-1

Old April 14th 04, 01:47 PM
Bjoern

1.d4 e5 2.Nf3
That move doesn't try to punish the slightly dubious 1...e5 (the only way of
doing so is 2.dxe5).

2...Nc6
exd4 or e4 are moves that look more natural to me.

3.Bg5
That does look like it's doing much, 3.d5 definitely deserved a look, but
maybe white had something clever in mind?!

3...Nf6
At the very least black's first three moves have been quite provocative, why
does black pin himself like that? It does look much safer to play something
like Be7.

4.e3
[4.dxe5 h6 5.Bxf6 gxf6 6.exf6 Qxf6 7.c3 looks tempting.]

4...h6 5.Bxf6 Qxf6 6.Bc4 exd4 7.exd4 Qe7+ 8.Ne5
I don't think this is a good move, it probably just loses a piece.

8...Qg5
seems to be at least dubious for strategic reasons (attacking without good
developement), even if it doesn't trivially go wrong tactically. The
reason why this seems to be a mistake though is that there is (in my
opinion) a much better move: 8...f6 seems to just win the knight. 9.0-0 fxe5
10.Re1 Nxd4 and black ought to be winning.]

9.Bxf7+ Ke7 10.Qh5
Why did white do that? Surely he's got an attack and he shouldn't swap off the
queens when he's got the attacking chances in the middle game. Also there's
the tactical problems like 10...Qc1+ or 10...Nxe5.

10...Qxg2
10....Qc1+ and 10...Nxe5 both seem to give black an advantage. Over the board
I might have chosen Nxe5, as it does swap of pieces that white needs for his
attack.

11.Ng6+ Kxf7 12.Nxh8+
This is a rather wild position, but black doesn't seem to have a decent
position, 12...Kg8 13.Qf7+ Kxh8 14.Qxf8+ Kh7 actually looks quite good for
him. However I can't figure out what your further notation was supposed to
mean.