Old April 22nd 04, 05:51 PM
LottoMagic

Default Donation of Chess Books

I have a large collection of chess books, mostly collected during
the 1970's and 1980's.

They cover the usual spectrum of openings, endgame, strategy,
and lots and lots of game collections, some unbound.
And they span from beginner to master level.

I don't want the bother of selling them off piecemeal on ebay,
so I am looking for someplace(s) to donate them where they
will be appreciated.

My local chess club is essentially defunct and I don't know
of any school programs either.

Got any good suggestions?

My thanks for any replies.

Old April 29th 04, 03:42 PM
jb

"LottoMagic" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I have a large collection of chess books, mostly collected during
the 1970's and 1980's.

They cover the usual spectrum of openings, endgame, strategy,
and lots and lots of game collections, some unbound.
And they span from beginner to master level.

I don't want the bother of selling them off piecemeal on ebay,
so I am looking for someplace(s) to donate them where they
will be appreciated.

My local chess club is essentially defunct and I don't know
of any school programs either.

Got any good suggestions?

My thanks for any replies.

Goodwill takes book donations.

Local second hand stores also take donations.

I would think a local school library would be an option also.

Perhaps someone in this group has a use them for the price of shipping.

Old April 30th 04, 07:39 AM
Stanley Hammond

What are those books? You could have some that I wasn't able to find
(and, consequently, order).

Old April 30th 04, 10:36 AM
Gunny Bunny

"Stanley Hammond" wrote in message
m...
What are those books? You could have some that I wasn't able to find
(and, consequently, order).

"LottoMagic" wrote in message

news:[email protected]
I have a large collection of chess books, mostly collected during
the 1970's and 1980's.

They cover the usual spectrum of openings, endgame, strategy,
and lots and lots of game collections, some unbound.
And they span from beginner to master level.

I don't want the bother of selling them off piecemeal on ebay,
so I am looking for someplace(s) to donate them where they
will be appreciated.

My local chess club is essentially defunct and I don't know
of any school programs either.

Got any good suggestions?

My thanks for any replies.

The Public Library !

Old April 30th 04, 04:58 PM
Samik

"LottoMagic" wrote in message news:[email protected]
I have a large collection of chess books, mostly collected during
the 1970's and 1980's.

They cover the usual spectrum of openings, endgame, strategy,
and lots and lots of game collections, some unbound.
And they span from beginner to master level.

I don't want the bother of selling them off piecemeal on ebay,
so I am looking for someplace(s) to donate them where they
will be appreciated.

My local chess club is essentially defunct and I don't know
of any school programs either.

Got any good suggestions?

My thanks for any replies.

If you Fischer's 'My 60 memorable games', and Bellin and Ponzetto's
'mastering the kings indian', I am even willing to buy those
samik