Old May 31st 04, 01:52 AM
Peter Sloan Aravena

Default Peter Aravena warms up Jen Shahade one week before the championship.

Jen Shahade needed her kitten tickled one week before the current
championship.
She came to me quietly purring for a draw at the Marshall Chess Club
Tuesday night masters tournament three weeks ago.
I opened with 1.d4 and she replied with the main line Grunfeld.
I had studied this variation with GM elect Boris Kreiman at his
apartment in Brighton Beach Brooklyn for about 6 months while he
obsessed over Hikaru Nakamura's latest results.
Before we reached move 9..Nc6 Jen wiggeld her butt in her chair and
shrugged her shoulders and brought her knight to c6 as if seeing this
position for the first time.
But when i played 12.Qd2 she tightened up her posture and was sure i
was well versed in the theory of this variation.
15.00 is not best but leads to a Shabalov game from the US
Championship two winters ago. In that game shabalov Played 21.Rfc1
against Nakamura and lost immidiatley to Qxa2 pinning the b2 bishop to
the queen on d2. The move i played 21.Bxd4 is not an improvment and
should loose to 21...Rd8 pinning the bishop.
I guess Jen was to consumed by my tight cafe employee Tee Shirt and
couldnt control herself and played 21....Qd4 which after 22.Qd4, cd4
23.Bd5!+ i had a slightly better rook endgame.
I guess Shabalov or Nakamura could not have done better because,
a. nakamura is still pre-pubecent and the girls are still totally
making fun of him,
and
b. shabalov is getting a little impotent so why would jenifer Shahade
bribe him with a draw to get his pants off in the back room????

P.S. i now have an online chess room that you get a free membership if
you sign up at this link....
http://www.partypoker.com/download/index.htm?wm=2038527
download the full program and then make your initall deposit and you
will be directed to the online chess and poker lounge...

To view more of my online chess games visit
http://www.chessartist.com and click on any of the PARTY banners on my
website. All of the commissions go directly to Peter Aravena's art
supply fund.
http://www.partypoker.com/index.htm?wm=2038527
[Event "Tuesday Night Masters"]
[Site "eve and pete inc."]
[Date "2004.05.11"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Aravena, Peter"]
[Black "Shahade, Jen"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[ECO "D85"]
[Annotator "Aravena,Peter"]
[PlyCount "59"]

} 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 d5
4. cxd5 Nxd5 5. e4 Nxc3 6. bxc3 Bg7 7. Nf3 c5 8. Rb1 O-O 9. Be2 Nc6
10. d5 Ne5
11. Nxe5 Bxe5 12. Qd2 b6 13. f4 Bg7 14. c4 e6 15. O-O Bd4+ 16. Kh1
exd5 17.
cxd5 f5 18. e5 Qxd5 19. Bf3 Qc4 20. Bb2 Rb8 21. Bxd4 Qxd4 (21... Rd8)
22. Qxd4
cxd4 23. Bd5+ Kh8 24. Rfd1 Rd8 25. Rxd4 Bb7 26. Rbd1 Bxd5 27. Rxd5
Rxd5 28.
Rxd5 Rc8 29. h3 Rc7 30. Rd8+ 1/2-1/2
Old June 1st 04, 05:08 AM
KJ2350

From: (Peter Sloan Aravena)

The acorn falls not far from the tree.
Old June 1st 04, 05:19 AM
Leopold

"KJ2350" wrote in message

Subject: Peter Aravena warms up Jen Shahade one week before the

championship.
From: (Peter Sloan Aravena)

The acorn falls not far from the tree.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

Old June 1st 04, 07:52 PM
Bill Brock

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_eskalith.pdf