Old May 31st 04, 05:04 AM
BriMarErn

Default World Open - The Appeal

In about a month, over 1,000 chessplayers -as well as hustlers, will converge
on the Adams Mark Hotel for the 2004 World Open. After a 16 year hiatus, I'm
planning to participate.

Is anybody planning on playing as well? What section? Have you started your
preparations?

BEWARE! If there is a foreigner chess player that has an assistant who claims
he can't speak English, but will give you 5-2 odds on the clock -walk away
....QUICKLY!!!! ( I actually saw this 16 years ago. It was an Asian guy, that
was just waxing people.)