Old June 3rd 04, 01:56 AM
unPlain Jane

Default Analysing A/K game 11 (the dragon).

nine years later...!
I became interested in this game after the Spectator (UK) magazine
used it in a diversion. Much to my surprise I found the Rxc2 move,
but couldn't understand why the immediate resignation. material is
level, I suppose that black gets a castle to row 1 and demolishes all
the pawns.
I don't have a home-computer, (or a home, but that is a different
story), has somebody put this end-game into a chess computer? What
happens?
Is there an on-line page that one can use to put end-game puzzles
into?
Answers here please, not to the email address.
Great on-line page at Yale, but long URL, so go to google, tkchess,
the second hit is the one. but be prepared to lose.
cheers
Old June 3rd 04, 09:30 AM
David Carter

Anand could have fought on, but Kasparov had an overwhelming position with
the ability to create another passer or weaken anand's pawn position with
f5. Two pawns is enough for the likes of kasparov to win in an endgame.

m...