Old June 6th 04, 11:35 PM
Gollum

Default Old Bookup Files??

Hey, I have an old version of Bookup 1.5.2 which uses Bookup 8
files. I am looking for old Bookup modules for French Defense, Kings
Gambit, and Caro Kahn. Do you know where I could buy those? Its
a bit outdated but it still works great and I have many books for it
and do not wish to uninstall it for a new copy cause I use my current
book modules every day.

I found some old pgn and bookup 8 files on www.chessopolis.com but
they are just databases with NO TEXT which I find useless. Without
explanation of theory and ideas, opening databases are pointless in my
opinion.

If I cant find any Bookup 8 files I might buy ChessBase or Chess
Assisstant but since I already own Bookup, Id like to save $300.

Thanks,,

Gollum

Old June 7th 04, 01:57 PM
Mike Leahy

"Gollum" wrote in message
Hey, I have an old version of Bookup 1.5.2 which uses Bookup 8
files. I am looking for old Bookup modules for French Defense, Kings
Gambit, and Caro Kahn. Do you know where I could buy those? Its
a bit outdated but it still works great and I have many books for it
and do not wish to uninstall it for a new copy cause I use my current
book modules every day.

The old versions of Bookup were written well enough that they'll probably
run forever. Still there are enough creature comforts to justify the
upgrade. You can grab the free trial of Bookup 2000 Express from our site.
It allows full editing during the trial period and it will make 2000 format
ebooks out of your older format ebooks just by opening them. It does not
affect your older ebooks or program at all. If you like the newer program,
register it for $29.

I found some old pgn and bookup 8 files on www.chessopolis.com but
they are just databases with NO TEXT which I find useless. Without
explanation of theory and ideas, opening databases are pointless in my
opinion.

Absolutely. The most powerful aspect of Bookup is the great repertoires
documented by great teachers.

If I cant find any Bookup 8 files I might buy ChessBase or Chess
Assisstant but since I already own Bookup, Id like to save $300.

Thanks,,

Gollum

I don't know of any collection of free Bookup 8 files. There are a few free
ebooks in 2000 format on our site though.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com