Old June 8th 04, 04:43 PM
Daniel

Default Fritz8 pages?

I have recently purchased Fritz8. I immediately
discovered that this program has so many
bells and whistles, and built in possibilities I
don't even know where to start.
Anyone know of any homepages of Fritz8
fanatics who have some program how to's?

Thanks

Old June 8th 04, 07:49 PM
Mike Ogush

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:43:15 -0700, "Daniel" wrote:

I have recently purchased Fritz8. I immediately
discovered that this program has so many
bells and whistles, and built in possibilities I
don't even know where to start.
Anyone know of any homepages of Fritz8
fanatics who have some program how to's?

Thanks

I suggest you check out The Chessbase Technical Notes (T-Notes)
written by Steve Lopez from 1997 through 2003. You can find them by
linking from the support page at the Chessbase website
(http://www.chessbase.com/support/index.asp) or at
www.chessbaseusa.com. [You do have to register at Chessbase USA, but
it doesn't cost anything and I have not gotten spam as result of
registering].

These notes cover both Chessbase (from version 6 through 8),
Fritz(from version 5 through 8), and to some extent other other
software and e-books published by Chessbase (including programs other
than Fritz that use the Chessbase interface).

As each new version of Fritz came out Steve would wite a series of
articles talking about the programs especially the changes.
For functionality that is unchanged between Fritz 8 and some earlier
version you may want to look to the discussion of the version of Fritz
when the functionality was added; it may be covered in more depth
there.

Starting in 2003 Steve Lopez stopped adding to the technical notes and
has instead been created pages that I think are called "Chessbase
Workshop". These workshops are in the same vein as the previous
technical notes pages and are also linked to from the support page at
Chessbase.

Steve Lopez also took the information from the T-Notes articles, added
some more info, and organized it all to create an e-book with a tile
similar to "Using Chess Software to Improve" (I don't remember the
exact title). I bought this a couple of years ago and I think it
was released before version 8 came out.

Lastly, you can pose sepcific questions about Fritz either here or
the forums on chessplaying programs at
http://www.chessexchange.com/forum/.

Mike Ogush