Old June 13th 04, 10:35 PM
MC

Default My one-minute game against Hikara (even at move 22!)

On the thread "Is One Minute Chess The Future?" you wrote to me:

I suspect most of the critics of one-minute chess don't play the opening
very well, aren't very good with tactics, and need five minutes to see

three
moves ahead.

To which I replied

What a lame attack...

And you responded:

What an accurate one.

Then you proceeded in a very paternalistic way to show me your knowledge of
openings...

Hint: the Center Counter is not a "real" opening.

2. Nc3 is almost never a "real" opening unless preceded by 1. c4.

You also said:

Which makes you about 500-600 points weaker than me.

....and

My strength isn't far off from there (from Master Level)

Surprise, surprise...

I looked up your game with Nakamura on ICC. Your handle is
"GordonRoyParker". As it turns out, your current standard rating on ICC is
a very elevated 1729, and your highest ever was 1753.

You also state on your page that your peak USCF rating was "2000". So,
Gordon R. Parker, I looked you up on the USCF Members Area. You have not
competed on a single USCF rated tournament since 1991 and your last
published rating was "1900".

Therefore I will close with the following observations:

1) My highest ICC rating was 1706. That means your peak ICC rating is a
whooping 47 points higher than mine.
2) My current USCF rating is 1659. That means your current rating of 1900
is exactly 241 points higher than mine, and much less than the 500-600 range
you bragged about on your posting.
3) You're nowhere near (USCF) Master strength, much less FIDE Master
strength. True, you're closer than me, but I never made such a plain false
claim (to claim to be near Master strength) for the sake of trying to win a
newsgroup argument.

I gave up online play after running into too many instances of 1300-1600
players with much lower OTB ratings playing 100% tactics-error-free games
(analyzing the games with Fritz). I only play OTB now when my work and
family responsibilities allow it, and I started playing 1 year and 6 months
ago.

No wonder you never replied to me on that thread to respond to my challenge
(of you signing up on the latest ACP tourney). You just couldn't back up
your claim. You're just a regular Class A player, like the ones I battle at
my local chess club. And I also play them for 30 moves straight and then on
move 31 I blunder or make an innacurate move and they take advantage of it.
Chess is not a race so your claim of being even with Nakamura for 21 moves
is not something for the rest of the world to marvel at.

Peace.

MC
---

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
Following is a one-minute game I played against Hikara Nakamura (sp?) on
ICC.

My computer says the first 21 moves were well-played. Move 22 was okay

but
blew the edge, and then it went downhill fast.

His bullet rating is 2699, mine was 1563:

1. e3 e5 2. b3 d5 3. Bb2 Nc6 4. g3 f6 5. Bg2 Be6 6. Ne2 Qd7 7. d4 O-O-O 8.
Nbc3 e4 9. Qd2 Bh3 10. Bxh3 Qxh3 11. O-O-O Qd7 12. Nf4 Nge7 13. h4 g6 14.
Kb1 Bg7 15. Na4 b6 16. c4 f5 17. c5 b5 18. Nc3 a6 19. a4 Na7 20. Qe2 c6

21.
Kc2 Qb7 22. Ra1 Rd7 23. axb5 axb5 24. Ra5 b4 25. Na4 Rc7 26. Nb6+ Kd8 27.
Rha1 Nec8 28. Ne6+ {Black resigns} 1-0

--
Everything you need to know about women. FREE!

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library

http://www.cybersheet.com/hotties.html
Why Hotties Choose Losers

http://www.cybersheet.com/6/ubb.x
The Seduction Library Forum

Old June 13th 04, 11:01 PM
Ray Gordon

You also state on your page that your peak USCF rating was "2000". So,
snip, I looked you up on the USCF Members Area. You have not
competed on a single USCF rated tournament since 1991 and your last
published rating was "1900".

Correct. 1900 is my floor. What's the prize fund for Class A, Expert, and
Under-2400? Oh yeah? THE SAME.

In the last 15 years, I've rusted, and other players have had the benefit of
ICC and Fritz. One key to getting one's rating up is to train properly and
*not rush things*.

Oh, and I didn't know your exact rating when you stated it. Still, at 2000,
I've been higher rated than you have if you're class B, and with no real
incentive to push my rating even that high.

Please tell Goichberg how much I suck when I aim at one of his big A prizes.
I can use the help.

Old June 13th 04, 11:33 PM
MC

One key to getting one's rating up is to train properly and *not rush
things*.

It's one of the reasons I try to exclusively play highe players. So
I'm unde at 1659, but I don't really care about a rating, as if I was
going to do much in chess at my age.

In the last 15 years, I've rusted,

No, you did claim that your strength "isn't far off"...in the present. But
now we both now that's not true.

and other players have had the benefit of ICC and Fritz.

I grew up poor and never saw a chess playing program until I started playing
chess 18 months ago.

Still, at 2000, I've been higher than you have

Who cares? You're always higher/lower than somebody at some point and you
have played much longer than I have. The true case here is you trying to
portray yourself as Master strength, when you're not even close, not even in
your "peak" years when you were in your early-mid twenties.

And I'll say it again, unless you are at Master level or above don't attempt
to brag about
your opening, tactics and "instant vision" ability... There's a reason for
not being
a master. And again, if you're not at least a Master, don't dare to believe
(or attempt
to make others believe) that your handling of 1 minute games is anywhere
near your
ability on classical chess.

with no real incentive to push my rating even that high.

Excuses. We all have our own.

Please tell Goichberg how much I suck when I aim at one of his big A

prizes. I can use the help.
I really can't care less how much you suck over the board. But I'll tell
you this, you really suck at lying.

Old June 14th 04, 07:12 PM
Ray Gordon

And I'll say it again, unless you are at Master level or above don't
attempt
to brag about
your opening, tactics and "instant vision" ability...

There's a reason for
not being
a master.

Yes: no women in chess, and having a life.

Most experts have areas where they are much stronger than expert.

I can hang with a GM for the first 15-20 moves of a game, even if he's
familiar with my repertoire. That isn't as easy as it looks.