Old June 16th 04, 09:48 PM
Kim

Default a little help please

hi all

i dont consider myself a very good player but am looking to improve.
after being away from the game ive decided to at least see if i can
improve to being a mediocre player. but before i go out and spend
money on a program (fritz et al) im looking for some feedback to see
if its even worth my time and money. so my question is
this........... is there anyone out there who would be willing to look
at the first match ive played in some time and analyze it for me? im
looking for what i did right but especially what i did wrong or could
have done better. did i win because i played well? or because my
opponent played poorly? all comments and critisims would be
appreciated. if there is anyone out there willing to do this for me
please send me an email and i will forward you the
match moves. thanks in advance

kim
Old June 16th 04, 11:43 PM
Claus-Jürgen Heigl

Kim wrote:

but before i go out and spend
money on a program (fritz et al) im looking for some feedback to see
if its even worth my time and money.

You can buy the program of yesteryear. It will be much cheaper than
the newest programs and will still provide you with much material to
chew on. In general, Fritz is valued for its automatic analysis
function, Chessmaster for its tutorials.

As an alternative there are plenty of free programs that are also very
strong. Have a look at http://www.playwitharena.com/ and
http://www.playwitharena.com/directory/engines.htm

is there anyone out there who would be willing to look
at the first match ive played in some time and analyze it for me?

Post the game, there is always an answer. Even better would be to
provide your own thought processes so we can be more specific in our
comments.

Claus-Juergen