Old June 23rd 04, 12:13 AM
Igor K

Default Chess Exam and Training Guide: Tip #7

Successful chess training consists of two parts: an accurate
evaluation to identify your current level and immediate needs and
subsequent design of an appropriate training plan that is well
structured and includes the list of suitable books and training
software.

In my upcoming book Chess Exam and Training Guide
(http://www.ChessExam.com) I attempt to tackle both.

Beginning May 13, for the next 10 weeks, I will be posting here my
Top-10 training tips.
Tip #7
Focus on analyzing your games. Use chess software (like Fritz) only to
determine tactical opportunities and, to some extent, to check the
opening play. Positional aspects of the game should be studied with a
coach or a stronger player. If none is available, study on your own
using computer as a sparring-partner.
---------------------------------------

Igor Khmelnitsky, International Master,
Coach, http://www.IamCoach.com
Old June 24th 04, 04:50 AM
Leopold

Thanks Igor!!!
Keep them coming.
Leopold Lacrimosa

om...

Old June 24th 04, 01:25 PM
Terrence Brannon, Scheme Hacker

Igor K wrote:

Use chess software (like Fritz) only to
determine tactical opportunities and, to some extent, to check the
opening play. Positional aspects of the game should be studied with a
coach or a stronger player.

Doesnt Hiarcs do a decent job of positional analysis?