Old July 1st 04, 04:01 AM
Matt Nemmers

Default Fritz 8 Help

I've recently had to re-install Fritz 8 on my laptop. I go to File, Print,
Publish Game to publish my games on my various websites and after it asks
for a filename and I select a directory to save the files to, it acts like
it's publishing. After about 20 seconds, I get this pop-up message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C://Program Files/ChessBase/ChessProgram8/ChessProgram8.exe

Abnormal program termination"

Then, after I hit okay on the first one, I get this error message:

"ChessProgram8.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004" - Memory
could not be read.

Click okay to terminate the program"

I'm automatically kicked out of the Fritz program. I then go to the
directory to which I saved the files and open up the main HTM file. It
opens up in my browser, but it keeps trying to re-open it again and again
and again so you can't play through the game and can only see the tail end
of the commentary.

I've had this problem before but it was so long ago that I don't remember
how to fix it. Anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I fix it? Are
there any special settings under the Publish option that I should know
about? (If it helps, I'm running MS XP Home Edition on a 1.9 GHz processor
with 512 MB RAM.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

Old July 1st 04, 07:48 AM
Ray Gordon

"I am Bill Gates Of Borg. You have been assimilated. Resistance is
fut--GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT IN BORG.EXE. BORG.EXE WILL NOW CLOSE."

--
"I ain't gonna play Sun City" and the world's best chessplayers should not
play Libya, which banned the Israeli players from competing. Shame on the

Everything you need to know about women. FREE!

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library

http://www.cybersheet.com/hotties.html
Why Hotties Choose Losers

http://www.cybersheet.com/6/ubb.x
The Seduction Library Forum
news:[email protected]_s52...

Old July 1st 04, 09:25 AM
Jürgen R.

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:01:13 GMT, "Matt Nemmers"
wrote:

[...]

Ask Chess Base support. This is obviously a bug in the application
software.

Jürgen

Regards,

Matt

Old July 2nd 04, 10:20 AM
Alain Dekker

Hi Matt,

Sorry about the problems you're having. I can't actually help you, but as a
user of Fritz 6 and a computer programmer myself, the first application
error you have is with one of the subsidiary components of the Fritz program
crashing. The things I would suggest a

1) Provided you've purchased the software legally, contact Chessbase support
(via email would be the cheapest). I've done it in the past and they do
respond.

2) Have you tried this with other publish options (I'm not very familiar
with the new functionality in Fritz 8, so forgive my ignorance)? There might
be another option that you can then easily convert to HTML later.

3) Does it make a difference whether you're actually connected to the web or
not?

4) Bring up Task Manager (right-click the Taskbar and choose it from the
context menu). List the applications alhpabetically and then watch the list
as you click "Publish". See what compenents are fired off, what chews the
processor, etc. It migt give you a hint as to the failing component.

Sorry I can;t help more...

Regards,
Alain