Old July 2nd 04, 05:49 AM
Tantale2

Default Help needed

I have posted this message recently in rec.games.misc but haid no answers.

Maybe here I will have some help.

I worked hard recently to improve the presentation of the studies on my site
(Benko, Timman, Kasparian, Kubbel, Smyslov)
Click on the chessbox at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmrw/index.htm

I would like to know if there are still imperfections with the presentation
wich can vary with the OS System, the browser, the fonts, ...

I would like too what non french readers would appreciate I translate.

I would be pleased with every commented criticism.

--
Faites que le rêve dévore votre vie afin que la vie ne dévore pas votre
rêve.
email : Dalip at ifrance.com
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmrw/
You can write in this threa or send me an email or write in the "livre d'or"

Thanks

Old July 2nd 04, 06:32 AM
matt -`;'-

My thoughts:

Please don't make a javascript only type of site.
If you want a multi-language supported site, then create a choice on your top page that will take you to pages written in the chosen
language. This is beter than having to make a choice on every page.

I personally prefer to have a pgn file for any illustrated games displayed. It is very easy for me to take a pgn file and review
the moves of a game. It is hard for me to review a game on a javascript only type of site because I do not use javascript in my
browser for security reasons. I would suggest a link for downloading a pgn of the illustrated game. You can still provide a java
game for those who use java. I would suggest lots of annotation to the games.

A very good free pgn viewing, annotating program called ChessPad can be found at the link provided below. I would recommend you add
it to your site's links. I find this program indespensable - there is nothing else that works so well.
http://www.wmlsoftware.com/

I use ChessPad exclusively for reviewing or annotating Chess games in pgn format. It is the best I have ever seen for this task.
Mark van der leek has really excelled when he created this program. He sells a database program as well that can be found on his
site for a good price.

A lot of people like the integrated java Chessboards on their site, but I myself would rather use my own Chess tools to review a
game.

I really would like to see your site in English and am looking forward to a format that can be viewed in my web browser.

Hope you have a good day, Matt

email : Dalip at ifrance.com
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmrw/

Old July 2nd 04, 07:52 AM
Tantale2

Matt has writte :

If you want a multi-language supported site, then create a choice on your

top page that will take you to pages written in the chosen
language. This is beter than having to make a choice on every page.

For the choice of the language it is a good idea. I will try to do it.

Please don't make a javascript only type of site.
I personally prefer to have a pgn file for any illustrated games

displayed. It is very easy for me to take a pgn file and review
the moves of a game. It is hard for me to review a game on a javascript

only type of site because I do not use javascript in my
browser for security reasons. I would suggest a link for downloading a

pgn of the illustrated game. You can still provide a java
game for those who use java.
A lot of people like the integrated java Chessboards on their site, but I

myself would rather use my own Chess tools to review a
game.

The purpose of a java presentation is to present the studies with the
paintings.

It'is quite possible to include the pgn files as an option to download (but
it will talke me some time).
I was not aware that so many people disable java on their computer for
security reasons. (Personally I had never problems with this.)

Thanks a lot for your feedback

email : Dalip at ifrance.com
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmrw/