Old July 12th 04, 12:24 PM
Holbox

Default Where can I find some example games based on this position?

The position arised after.

1. d4 d6
2. c4 e5
3. dxe5 dxe5
4. Qxd8+?! Kxd8

Thx

Old July 12th 04, 08:49 PM
Mark S. Hathaway

Holbox wrote:

The position arised after.

1. d4 d6
2. c4 e5
3. dxe5 dxe5
4. Qxd8+?! Kxd8

It's been a while, so I'm not certain, but
GM Edmar Mednis wrote a book called,

Strategic Themes in the Endgame (I think)

wherein he analyzed certain openings where
queens were traded early. One was a French Tarrasch
and I think one was the opening you show above.
I haven't seen that book (not terribly expensive)
in print lately, but you might look for it.