Old July 14th 04, 11:34 PM

Default saved yahoo games -> gnu chess

when I play on yahoo I frequently send the game to myself via e-mail. I'd
like to press a button and convert those games into gnu chess saved games.

for people who play chess on pogo, yahoo or whatever, what do you do with
the saved games? how can those games be fed into a chess computer along
the lines of gnu chess?

thanks,

hawat

Old July 16th 04, 02:49 AM

On 15 Jul 2004, CeeBee wrote:
[..]
http://fire.prohosting.com/sbchess/converter.html

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Hmm, link didn't work for me, 404 error. However, I like your sig

Old July 17th 04, 04:22 AM

On 16 Jul 2004, CeeBee wrote:

wrote in rec.games.chess.analysis:

On 15 Jul 2004, CeeBee wrote:
[..]
http://fire.prohosting.com/sbchess/converter.html

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Hmm, link didn't work for me, 404 error. However, I like your sig

Remarkable. I just visited it and it works he

"Yahoo notation to PGN Format
Converts Yahoo Notation to PGN format
Paste Yahoo game into box on left
Mark the correct result (0-1,1/2-1/2,1-0)
Press the "convert" button.
Pawn always promotes to queen."

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

user error I put a "/" on the end, which gave error, oops.