Old July 20th 04, 02:04 AM
Samik

Default Kasparov's 'My great predecessors' ..I am confused !

I was of the impression that Kasparov's 'My great predecessors'
was a 3 Volume work, each volume featuring 4 World Champions.
The 1st 2 volumes went according to that scheme, and the upcmong
3rd volume was to feature Petrosian, Spassky, Fischer and Karpov.
period ! But in an article about Fischer in today's WSJ (linked
in chessbase), Kasparov says that he is writing a 6-Volume
book and Fischer is appearing in the 4th volume ! Does that
mean he has decided to include only Petrosian and Spassky
(the 2 least sensational world champions, with due respect)
in the entire Vol III ? That makes no sense. What adds to the mystery is
the fact the advertisements of Vol 3 (in amazon as well
as the publisher's homepage) show Petrosian-Spassky-Fischer
in one version of the cover page, and only Petrosian-Spassky in another !
Even if we postulate that he decided to shift Fischer to
Vol4 (may be for commercial reasons), what do Volumes 5 and
6 contain ? Only Anatoli Karpov ? (!!!! )
Does anybody know what's going on ?
Samik