Old July 20th 04, 08:55 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

Default Was Kasparov Rated Higher Than Bobby? Could Bobby Have Beaten Him?

This is a joke, right? Fischer, much less Capablanca, would have inferior
(in Capa`s case certainly losing) positions out of every opening.
The people who say Fischer or Capablanca or others could beat a modern
Super-GM are like saying Isaac Newton would be better to have on your team
designing a space shuttle. Give me a break. Science advances. Chess
advances. Players now know more. Quit with the nonsense unrealistic
hero-worship already. Face reality for a change.

"raylopez99" wrote in message
om...
No need to guess whether Bobby could beat Garry, just go here and
check it out (with the usual caveats):
http://www.chessmetrics.com/#NameList

Looks to me like Capablanca would have beat both of them (in his
prime).

RL

Old July 21st 04, 04:12 AM
bhnews

"Joshua B. Lilly" wrote in message
This is a joke, right? Fischer, much less Capablanca, would have inferior
(in Capa`s case certainly losing) positions out of every opening.
The people who say Fischer or Capablanca or others could beat a modern
Super-GM are like saying Isaac Newton would be better to have on your team
designing a space shuttle. Give me a break. Science advances. Chess
advances. Players now know more. Quit with the nonsense unrealistic
hero-worship already. Face reality for a change.

"raylopez99" wrote in message
om...
No need to guess whether Bobby could beat Garry, just go here and
check it out (with the usual caveats):
http://www.chessmetrics.com/#NameList

Looks to me like Capablanca would have beat both of them (in his
prime).

RL

I say BULLFEATHERS. These modern grandmasters are so into the latest
sub-sub-sub variation, that i'm willing to bet that the first grandmaster
that pulls out the old forgotten openings will set off multiple panic
attacks on today's pretenders to the throne.