Old July 29th 03, 02:40 PM
EZoto

Default Is the Chigorin's Defense unsound?

Sometimes I think I should go back to it and force myself to learn how
to play knights vs bishops in the middle game.

You hit the nail on the head about this opening. Chigorin is sound
but you are playing an opening where you will have knights against
bishops. The problem is the positions in the chigorin favor the
bishops a lot of the time. Your position is sound but to get anywhere
in the chigorin the position has to open up and as black with knights
that is a rough road. It's complicated but a rough road.

EZoto
Old September 4th 03, 11:20 PM
Harold Buck

In article [email protected],
"Joshua B. Lilly" wrote:

Morozevich is a SuperGM and has been rated as high as 2758, and he plays it
regularly.

But does he play it against players of equal or greater strength, or
against lesser players? And how does he do with it?

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."