Old August 1st 03, 03:58 PM
abi

Default opening references

are there any free online opening references ( like i have seen a site
specifically devoted to the DDG ) that discusses the various openings.
( or at least 1.e4 for white ) as that's what i play.

thnx
abi
Old August 12th 03, 08:47 PM
Kirk Sadler

On 1 Aug 2003, abi wrote:

are there any free online opening references ( like i have seen a site
specifically devoted to the DDG ) that discusses the various openings.
( or at least 1.e4 for white ) as that's what i play.

thnx
abi

When I first started chess I was very disappointed in the lack of
literature dedicated to specific openings. Thus I created an Alekhine's
Defense site to remedy this problem
(http://www.geocities.com/alekhine_gotw),
albeit for a very isolated opening that is of little interest to the
majority of chess players. I was naively hoping to inspire someone to do
a comparable site dedicated to a more mainstream opening (e.g. Sicilian -
or even a specific branch or the Sicilian, or Ruy Lopez, or King's Gambit,
or Benoni Taimanov, or whatever) but it doesn't look like that's going to
be the case. Is there a reference of this type available for the Sicilian
for example, or is that inconceivable because of the scope of the project?

Kirk