Old August 10th 03, 06:56 PM
DDEckerslyke

Default Bologan 2800+ at Dortmund

With my new toy http://www.maskeret.com/mecca/elo_fide.htm and the K factor
supplied by the good people of rgcm I plugged in these values (from ICC) for
Bologan at Dortmund

Your initial ELO 2650
Your K coefficient 10
Your score 6.5
Tournament Type R
Your opponents ELO 2774 2774 2785 2785 2648 2648 2739 2739 2574 2574

It gave these results

Average ELO Opponents 2699
Expected score (We) 4.3
Difference Score - Expected 2.2
Difference in ELO points 22
Rounded difference 22
Your New ELO 2672

*Performance 2814*

Hope I got this right

cheers

dd

Old August 12th 03, 07:04 PM

The truth is that Bologan was the guini pig in a radial new experiment. They
implanted a Fritz 8 (Cranial version) into his head unbeknownst to him (to
keep the experiment blind) to interface with his brain. From Bolo's
perspective, he would have access to far superiour calculation ability and
endgame knowledge than before, but made the final decisions about the moves
on his own. I think that it goes without saying that the experiment was a
raving success!!

Though poor Bologan will have to go back to being just an ordinary
grandmaster once they remove the program from his head.