Old August 17th 03, 04:04 PM
Luis Matos

Default ECO "E32" with 5.Bd2 (Nimzo-Indian)

As a many years Nimzo player myself, I have found that if White plays 4
Bd2.. Black has got something: at least a semi-tempo and a "passive"
reply to 3 --- Bb4.

And now, Black is not compelled to give up his bishop for the knight
without even doubling a pawn.

So.. Black could reply 4 --- d5, without an early --- c5, castle short
and wait until White's a3 to retire to Be7.

Rest is not easy, but is easier to normal replies as 4 Qc2 and 4 e3.
And, of course, it will depend of Black own's middlegame and ending
natural talent.

Luis

Old August 18th 03, 10:01 AM
sathyashrayan

Luis Matos wrote in message ...
As a many years Nimzo player myself, I have found that if White plays 4
Bd2.. Black has got something: at least a semi-tempo and a "passive"
reply to 3 --- Bb4.

And now, Black is not compelled to give up his bishop for the knight
without even doubling a pawn.

So.. Black could reply 4 --- d5, without an early --- c5, castle short
and wait until White's a3 to retire to Be7.

Consider Moving Bb4 and getting back the bishop by black at the same
time white queen side bishop will be developed and staying for a loon
time.

If white does not play Bd2, the bishop has to get in the c1-h6 line
which will needed to exchanged after white playes e3 for development.
If white wants to avoid the e3 and goes for e4 by pushing the f3 pawn
the development will have to be by playing Bd3-Ngd2. In the meen time
black will achive his development by keeping the B on a8-h1 diagional.

Rest is not easy, but is easier to normal replies as 4 Qc2 and 4 e3.
And, of course, it will depend of Black own's middlegame and ending
natural talent.

Luis

So by, in my view, keeping the white's queen side B behind the e3 pawn
will have a development in both sides (correct me if I am wrong).

By
N.Sathyashrayan