Old October 11th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default My current training regimen

I'm compiling a published version of my repertoire, and in the course of
that, cleaning up the electronic version. Both should be ready for relase
to the general public in about a year to 18 months.

While I'm doing this, I'm not studying new openings and instead "studying"
the middlegame and endgame by forcing myself to improve through practice
rather than study; in other words, by not studying openings.

Once my repertoire is set, then I go back to frontloaded study of openings,
build the repertoire, and see how far I can get with it. Early indications
are that my rating goes up much faster when I study openings, but I think
the middle and endgame practice I'm getting now is making me more consistent
and better able to hold an edge.

If I stay healthy another 7-10 years I should make GM. It's definitely a
slow, tedious process.

--
Money is not "game."
Looks are not "game."

A seduction guru who teaches you that looks, money or status is game is not
teaching you "game," but how to be an AFC. He uses his students' money to
get women and laughs that "loser AFCs pay my rent."

Old October 12th 06, 08:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:

If I stay healthy another 7-10 years I should make GM. It's definitely a
slow, tedious process.

The purpose of playing chess in not becoming a GM. I have few friends
who became IM and GM in their early 20s and at 30 they are chesswise as
good as brain dead.
In every tournament since they dont do anything but draw fast their
games and then go to the hotel room to get drunk and play video or
cards games. They became chesswise a shadow of what they were in their
junior years.
You are missing the point of playing chess Ray. What you say is like
believing that the purpose of having sex is making babies.

Focus on the excitement, risk and struggle over the board, play the
game rather than study and memorize openings, and make sure that you
play in such a way that you will reap the reward of playing.

"Chess, with all its philosophical depth, its aesthetic appeal, is
first of all a game in the best sense of the word; a game in which are
revealed your intellect, character, will. - Boris Spassky"

"By some ardent enthusiasts, chess has been elevated into a science or
an art. It is neither; but its principal characteristic seems to be
what human nature most delights in - a fight. - Emanuel Lasker "

Old October 12th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

If I stay healthy another 7-10 years I should make GM. It's definitely a
slow, tedious process.

The purpose of playing chess in not becoming a GM. I have few friends
who became IM and GM in their early 20s and at 30 they are chesswise as
good as brain dead.

Wouldn't shock me a bit. Not only that, but with so many advances in
theory, it's tougher to keep up.

In every tournament since they dont do anything but draw fast their
games and then go to the hotel room to get drunk and play video or
cards games. They became chesswise a shadow of what they were in their
junior years.
You are missing the point of playing chess Ray. What you say is like
believing that the purpose of having sex is making babies.

It's *a* purpose.

Focus on the excitement, risk and struggle over the board, play the
game rather than study and memorize openings, and make sure that you
play in such a way that you will reap the reward of playing.

Extensive study ensures maximum enjoyment actually.

Besides, since I plan to publish and sell my repertoire, that justifies what
I'm doing for business reasons.

Old October 12th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
I'm compiling a published version of my repertoire, and in the course of
that, cleaning up the electronic version. Both should be ready for relase
to the general public in about a year to 18 months.

And we believe that will happen. Really we do.

No, really.

While I'm doing this, I'm not studying new openings and instead "studying"
the middlegame and endgame by forcing myself to improve through practice
rather than study; in other words, by not studying openings.

In other words, you're studying like every chessplayer that wants to
improve his game and not just memorize MCO.

But does this mean you're returning to OTB? Or are you simply going to
play a few thousand one-minute luck chess games on ICC every week?

If I stay healthy another 7-10 years I should make GM.

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

Old October 12th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
SNIP

Besides, since I plan to publish and sell my repertoire, that justifies what
I'm doing for business reasons.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

I shall now make a prediction TODAY in the wake of Gordo's latest
outlandish claim before he makes it come to pass. Behold:

****************************
PREDICTION:

Gordon Roy Parker will, upon his "release" or "publication" or mere
whisper on Usenet any details of the aforementioned "repertoire,"
threaten to sue anyone who either:

a) studys openings;
b) reads books; or
c) plays online

He will either threaten to sue them -- and THREATEN is the operative
word -- for copyright infringement or he will belittle those who talk
about their own training regime if it includes any of the above three
strategies, claiming HE thought of that idea first.

Caveat: When he DOESN'T make GM in "7 to 10 years" like he claims he
will LMAO!! utilizing his aforementioned "repertoire," he will then
ridicule anyone else who tries ANY of the self-improvement strategies
"he thought of" because "they [don't] work."
**************************

I have seen the future, ladies and gentlemen.

So let it be written -- so let it be done.

Old October 14th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

I'm compiling a published version of my repertoire, and in the course of
that, cleaning up the electronic version. Both should be ready for
relase
to the general public in about a year to 18 months.

And we believe that will happen. Really we do.

No, really.

So "we" is one person now. Interesting.

While I'm doing this, I'm not studying new openings and instead
"studying"
the middlegame and endgame by forcing myself to improve through practice
rather than study; in other words, by not studying openings.

In other words, you're studying like every chessplayer that wants to
improve his game and not just memorize MCO.

Actually I'm compiling a printed version of my opening repertoire and won't
be tinkering with it until I'm done. During that time, I practice to
improve in the endings.

But does this mean you're returning to OTB? Or are you simply going to
play a few thousand one-minute luck chess games on ICC every week?

One-minute games might appear like luck to the Double Ds of the world, I
suppose. Most pro sports are played at high speed, however, and part of IQ
is the speed with which one processes information.

If I stay healthy another 7-10 years I should make GM.

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

I assume he's not commenting on my future health.

Old October 14th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
I'm compiling a published version of my repertoire, and in the course of
that, cleaning up the electronic version. Both should be ready for
relase
to the general public in about a year to 18 months.

And we believe that will happen. Really we do.

No, really.

So "we" is one person now. Interesting.

'We' is everyone who reads your posts, Gordo. Didn't you know that?

While I'm doing this, I'm not studying new openings and instead
"studying"
the middlegame and endgame by forcing myself to improve through practice
rather than study; in other words, by not studying openings.

In other words, you're studying like every chessplayer that wants to
improve his game and not just memorize MCO.

Actually I'm compiling a printed version of my opening repertoire and won't
be tinkering with it until I'm done. During that time, I practice to
improve in the endings.

Bully for you.

But does this mean you're returning to OTB? Or are you simply going to
play a few thousand one-minute luck chess games on ICC every week?

One-minute games might appear like luck to the Double Ds of the world, I
suppose.

Who's this "Double D" character you so often reference? I hope you're
not calling me names or I'll sue you for defamation of character.

sniff

That hurts my feelers.

Most pro sports are played at high speed, however, and part of IQ
is the speed with which one processes information.

Whatever makes you sleep better.

If I stay healthy another 7-10 years I should make GM.

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

I assume he's not commenting on my future health.

Assume whatever you want. I don't give two ****s if you're healthy.
In fact, why don't you go catch something. It'd be a blessing for us
all. Even something like carpal tunnel would be nice. It'd keep you
out of RGC* for a while at least.

Old October 14th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

So "we" is one person now. Interesting.

'We' is everyone who reads your posts, Gordo. Didn't you know that?

I'll second that making it an official 'we'

But does this mean you're returning to OTB? Or are you simply going to
play a few thousand one-minute luck chess games on ICC every week?

of course he wont. Its much easier for him to be a grandmaster in his
mind
than on an actual chessboard.

Most pro sports are played at high speed, however, and part of IQ
is the speed with which one processes information.

Whatever makes you sleep better.

hmm quick practicing hasn't helped my golf game...

Assume whatever you want. I don't give two ****s if you're healthy.
In fact, why don't you go catch something. It'd be a blessing for us
all. Even something like carpal tunnel would be nice. It'd keep you
out of RGC* for a while at least.

where as I don't wish any poor health on gordo, a reality check for him
would be nice.

Old October 15th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

a reality check for him
would be nice.

I keep waiting for one but my rating keeps hitting new peaks, like the one
it hit today.

Wonder if this guy checked out the game Parr dug up where I lost on time
after slaughtering an IM right out of the opening in Pirc.

Old October 15th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
a reality check for him
would be nice.

I keep waiting for one but my rating keeps hitting new peaks, like the one
it hit today.

and when did you return to rated chess? or are you talking about
non thinking chess again?

Wonder if this guy checked out the game Parr dug up where I lost on time
after slaughtering an IM right out of the opening in Pirc.

um does this mean that you really LOST to an IM? it must because you
have stated several times that time is not a factor when you play
chess...