Old October 14th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Kramnik embarrassed Topalov

Not only did Kramnik win the match, he also forfeited a game just
because Topalov did not want him to use the bathroom. HA HA

If there is ever another match between them, Topalov will complain if
Kramnik sneezes.

Old October 14th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
Bob Bob is offline

Zero wrote:

Not only did Kramnik win the match, he also forfeited a game just
because Topalov did not want him to use the bathroom. HA HA

If there is ever another match between them, Topalov will complain if
Kramnik sneezes.

I think it is likely they will play another match. And when they do, I
think Kramnik's opening move should be to **** on Topalov's shoes! (aka
the Toilet Gambit)

Seriously they are both better than I will probably ever be (there is
always hope!) and the legacy they have produced for chess grants some
leeway for lapses in judgement IMHO.

Old October 14th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Seriously they are both better than I will probably ever be

After 24...f6 in game 10, I don't know if that is such a sure bet anymore.

--
Money is not "game."
Looks are not "game."

A seduction guru who teaches you that looks, money or status is game is not
teaching you "game," but how to be an AFC. He uses his students' money to
get women and laughs that "loser AFCs pay my rent."

Old October 15th 06, 10:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
Seriously they are both better than I will probably ever be

After 24...f6 in game 10, I don't know if that is such a sure bet anymore.

Topalov finally asserted himself, taking advantage of Kramnik's idiotic
play, and his refusal to grab the a-pawn, which any computer knows was
necessary to sustain the advantage.

Whatever...

Old October 15th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
SW SW is offline

On 13 Oct 2006 20:48:11 -0700, "Zero" wrote:

Not only did Kramnik win the match, he also forfeited a game just
because Topalov did not want him to use the bathroom. HA HA

If there is ever another match between them, Topalov will complain if
Kramnik sneezes.

Yeap, he sure did. The only problem I have with Kramnik is his
avoiding GK when he wanted a rematch. Will he do this again when he
perceives someone as a threat?

Old October 20th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Yeap, he sure did. The only problem I have with Kramnik is his
avoiding GK when he wanted a rematch. Will he do this again when he
perceives someone as a threat?

Kramnik was under no obligation to give Kasparov a re-match, nor is he
under obligation to give Topalov one now.

Did Kasparov give Short or Anand re-matches?