Old October 20th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Tough Competition going at GetClub Chess.

Three Players are fighting hard to get to top Position at GetClub
Chess.

Games Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

nomorechess : Points Awarded 17.5
chrisf : Points Awarded 17.3
Zebediah : Points Awarded 18

It looks like one of chrisf and Zebediah is actually "Taylor Kingston"
As Zebediah is playing most games with Master Level which only "Taylor
Kingston" is capable of beating.

You can view This Months Competition with Full Details at
http://www.getclub.com/gameresult.ph...=Oct&year=2006

Currently the Ratings of Games Played at GetClub Games are

Beginner: 1600 (10-20 seconds.)
Easy: 1650 (20-40 seconds.)
Normal: 1700 (1-2 Minutes.)

Do not play with Master and Advance Levels as they take lot of time.
Only Taylor Kingston can beat Them.

Bye
Sanny

Old October 21st 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

Three Players are fighting hard to get to top Position at GetClub
Chess.

Games Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

nomorechess : Points Awarded 17.5
chrisf : Points Awarded 17.3
Zebediah : Points Awarded 18

It looks like one of chrisf and Zebediah is actually "Taylor Kingston"
As Zebediah is playing most games with Master Level which only "Taylor
Kingston" is capable of beating.

Sanny, in fact your Advance level can be beaten by many
players, provided they have the patience to complete the game.
In addition, even a total putz can beat the top levels by simply
using a commercial chess program -- again, provided they
have the time and the patience to see it through.

You can view This Months Competition with Full Details at
http://www.getclub.com/gameresult.ph...=Oct&year=2006

Currently the Ratings of Games Played at GetClub Games are

Beginner: 1600 (10-20 seconds.)
Easy: 1650 (20-40 seconds.)
Normal: 1700 (1-2 Minutes.)

Do not play with Master and Advance Levels as they take lot of time.
Only Taylor Kingston can beat Them.

I have recently noticed another increase in the displayed
depth of search. For instance, in the game I am currently
playing the middle level leaped to 10 plys without much ado,
which is deeper than the Advance level used to go most of
the time. And many times the program now comes up
with respectable moves, but not always. For instance, in
my current game:

1.e4 c5
2.c3 Nf6
3.e5 Nd5
4.Bc4 Nb6
5.d3

This move is not so good, but I decided to let it go for
now and see what happens.

... Nc6
6.Bxf7+??

When the game is complete, you can check if I
remembered these moves correctly. In any case, the
program sac'ed a Bishop for one lousy pawn and, say,
two spite checks. The game is all but over here, at
move six. It may take another fifty or sixty moves to
trade down to a won endgame, but it's, as they say, in
the bag. No way can I lose this game. Impossible.

(What's this-- another piece sac? And a Queen check?
and then two more pieces sac'ed, followed by me being
mated with a pawn? Noooooooooooooooooooo!)

-- help bot

Old October 21st 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Can anyone Analyze the Games Played at GetClub Chess.

RECORDED GAMES: http://www.getclub.com/cc/showgame.php?num=10

As if you can find mistake then only I can improve the GetClub Game.
There are many Games Played at Normal and Master Levels.

Play a game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I want to know why the Computer is loosing games against "Zebediah" and
"chrisf".

They look like very good players. "Zebediah" and "chrisf" may get ahead
of Taylor Kingston and Nomorechess also.

Bye
Sanny

Old October 21st 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 2006-10-21, Sanny wrote:
Can anyone Analyze the Games Played at GetClub Chess.

RECORDED GAMES: http://www.getclub.com/cc/showgame.php?num=10

As if you can find mistake then only I can improve the GetClub Game.
There are many Games Played at Normal and Master Levels.

Play a game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I want to know why the Computer is loosing games

It's not. It's losing games. Please speak English.

against "Zebediah" and
"chrisf".

Obviously, because thay have more time and/or patience than the
rest of us.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org
Author:

Old October 21st 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 2006-10-21, Sanny wrote:
Can anyone Analyze the Games Played at GetClub Chess.

Yes.

RECORDED GAMES: http://www.getclub.com/cc/showgame.php?num=10

As if you can find mistake then only I can improve the GetClub Game.
There are many Games Played at Normal and Master Levels.

Play a game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I want to know why the Computer is loosing games

It's not. It's losing games. Please speak English.

My view is that the computer is losing to everyone else
(Pfuscher, ChrisF, Zedediah) because they are all using
powerful chess programs to cheat. Of course, it is losing
to me because I am simply a chess genius, and no chess
program, however well constructed, can compete with true
genius.

-- The Best, by test

Old October 21st 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

21.10.2006 09:16, Chris F.A. Johnson:

I want to know why the Computer is loosing games

It's not. It's losing games. Please speak English.

against "Zebediah" and
"chrisf".

Obviously, because thay have more time and/or patience than the
rest of us.

Thay? Who is this? Please speak English.

Greetings,
Ralf
Old October 21st 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

help bot wrote:
My view is that the computer is losing to everyone else
(Pfuscher, ChrisF, Zedediah) because they are all using
powerful chess programs to cheat.

Ouch, that hurts a bit :-)

You only need patience to beat it, not skill. I tried playing advanced,
and it just took too long (I can't say for sure because I had to leave
and come back a lot - but upwards of 10-12 hrs "thinking time" for the
program). Otherwise, master level takes around 3 hrs. Even beginner
often goes into long thinks which can last 10 minutes. Thankfully, you
can shut down and come back to the game later.
Old October 22nd 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

chrisf wrote:
help bot wrote:
My view is that the computer is losing to everyone else
(Pfuscher, ChrisF, Zedediah) because they are all using
powerful chess programs to cheat.

Ouch, that hurts a bit :-)

You only need patience to beat it, not skill. I tried playing advanced,
and it just took too long (I can't say for sure because I had to leave
and come back a lot - but upwards of 10-12 hrs "thinking time" for the
program). Otherwise, master level takes around 3 hrs. Even beginner
often goes into long thinks which can last 10 minutes. Thankfully, you
can shut down and come back to the game later.

At one time it was possible to somewhat counteract the
slothfulness of Sanny's program by playing multiple games
at once, although this didn't quite work on my computer
because having more than one browser open slowed things
even further. Some people were disconnecting when losing,
then restarting a new game, so Sanny changed the program
and it is no longer possible (I suspect) since it wants to put
you into the game already in progress.

I was joking of course about the computer use. Although
I have yet to replay even a single game of these newcomers,
ChrisF and Zedidiah, an examination of Taylor Kingston's
games revealed a definite lack of computer-like energy and
razor-sharpness. Then (he says) he reappeared anew as
Pfusher, winning much more quickly than before; I don't
know if these later games utilized computers or not, nor
can I be certain with "Bob" since he lost once (impossible
if he used any decent program unless the result of operator
error). IMO, were I to use a top-level program at GetClub
the likely result would be a series of miniatures, alternating
with micro-miniatures, with but a few endgame mop-up jobs
tossed in for good measure. While there could be a few
sadistic types out there in internetland, it is somewhat
unlikely that any of the leading contestants at present are
after anything other than fame and glory. And of course,
the babes. :D

-- help bot

Old October 22nd 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 2006-10-21, Sanny wrote:
Can anyone Analyze the Games Played at GetClub Chess.

Can you provide them in PGN format on a straight HTML page?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org
Author: