Old October 24th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Game of mine

Haven't posted a game here in a while so I thought I'd toss this one at
y'all to get some feedback. It's an older game of mine, but not too
awful terrible. My rating shows in this, anyway.

Matt Nemmers (1617) - Bob Long (1800) [C17]

1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 5.Nf3 Nc6 6.Bb5 Nge7 7.0-0 Qa5
8.Bxc6+ Nxc6 9.Ne2 cxd4 10.Nexd4 Qd8 11.c3 Be7 12.Qe2 a6 13.Bd2 13.Bf4
Qb6 14.Bg5 Bxg5 15.Nxc6 Bh6 16.Ncd4 0-0 17.Rfd1 Bd7 18.Rab1 Rac8 19.h3
f6 20.Kh1 Be8 21.Nh2 Bg6 22.Ra1 fxe5 23.Qxe5 Rxf2 24.Ng4 Rxb2 25.Nxe6
Kf7 26.Rf1+ Ke7 27.Nc5+ Resigns 1-0

Here's my own analysis of it:

1.e4 e6 The French. Or, as some over-zealous Americans might now call
it, "The Freedom Defense."

2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 5.Nf3 Bob doesn't like this move, but I'm not
convinced it's too bad.

5...Nc6 6.Bb5 Nge7 7.0-0 Qa5 8.Bxc6+ Nxc6 9.Ne2 Passive, but black is
seriously undermining my center pawns and I thought this was the best
way to deal with the threats. After I play c3, one of my knights will
have a good home on d4.

9...cxd4 10.Nexd4 Qd8 11.c3 Be7 12.Qe2 Here I didn't have a clear plan.
I just wanted to get my queen to the e-file so if black plays ...f6 to
open up the f-file for his rook I can undermine his e-pawn.

12...a6 13.Bd2 13.Bf4 might be better here, but again, I had almost no
idea what to do at this point.

13...Qb6 I thought I was slightly better here because black has now
moved his queen three times and his light-squared bishop is on lock
down, while I've castled and my knights are on their best offensive and
defensive squares. His threat to win the b-pawn is easily parried and I
knew I needed to trade off my worthless bishop for his good one, but I
go about it all wrong.

14.Bg5? Bad. Very bad. This awful move allows black to win a pawn.

14...Bxg5 Black has to take with the knight first (threatening my
queen) if he wants that pawn. [14...Nxd4 15.cxd4 Bxg5 16.Nxg5 Qxd4 ]

15.Nxc6 Bh6 16.Ncd4 Whew! That was a close one. Now I'm right back to
where I want to be.

16...0-0 17.Rfd1 I thought the d-file might eventually open up -- and I
wanted to avoid trading my good knight for black's bad bishop after the
maneuver ...Bd7 and ...Bb5 -- so I thought it would be a good idea to
take control of the half-open file. Though I may have moved the wrong
rook since the play is all on the kingside, black's pawns and bishop
are pointing at my queenside and I didn't want to start dropping pawns
over there.

17...Bd7 18.Rab1 Rac8 19.h3 I want to get my other knight more actively
placed on g4. And besides, giving your king a little breathing room is
always a good idea to avoid those pesky back-rank mates. I had
considered (albeit briefly) playing 19.g4, threatening to win his
bishop by 20.g5, but after 19...g6 and 20...Bg7, my e-pawn will have to
go because I don't have the time or resources to defend it.

19...f6 20.Kh1 I want to eventually push my f-pawn to defend his cohort
on the e-file, but I wanted to avoid the nasty pin on my knight by her
majesty on b6.

20...Be8 21.Nh2 Bg6 22.Ra1 I didn't like having to do this.

22...fxe5 23.Qxe5 Rxf2?! I thought this was a bit too greedy, but
nevertheless, this is the critical point of the game -- where accuracy
is absolutely essential. Both of us have threats and I wasn't sure
either of us could carry out our plans without taking a tempo or two
for defense, but now my knight springs back into the game after a brief
hiatus on h2. [After =23...Rce8 24.Ng4 Bf4-/+ black clearly has the
upper hand.]

24.Ng4+/= I was really happy to get my knight back into the fracas, but
24...Bf4 had me worried.

24...Rxb2?? GM Jonathan Rowson might call this "blinking." Black
relinqueshes control of the only open file to snatch a pawn on the side
of the board where nothing is happening or needs to happen. The play is
all on the kingside. [Instead, if =24...Rf7 25.Qxe6 Qxe6 26.Nxe6 Re8
27.Nxh6+ gxh6= it's anybody's game.]

25.Nxe6+- I had seriously considered taking with the queen (with
check), but I wanted to get material back by grabbing his d-pawn,
simultaneously threatening a discovered check. Glad I didn't! Little
did I realize that after Nxe6 white has almost a forced win. Black
doesn't have sufficient time (or piece placement) to prevent Nxh6+
followed by Qg7 mate, so he's forced to take drastic measures.
Sometimes God grants little favors.....

25...Kf7 26.Rf1+ This is why taking the rook off the f-file was bad.

26...Ke7 27.Nc5+ And here black resigned in view of 27...Kd8 28.Rf8+
Be8 29.Rxe8#, or the even less attractive alternative 27...Qe6 28.Qxe6+
Kd8 29.Qe7#. 1-0

As usual, all comments and flame-sprays welcome.

Old October 24th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

(1617)

Wow, the pathetic, jealous, big-mouth-with-nothing-to-back-it-up FOOL is
only 283 points below my OLD rating.

snicker

--
Money is not "game."
Looks are not "game."

A seduction guru who teaches you that looks, money or status is game is not
teaching you "game," but how to be an AFC. He uses his students' money to
get women and laughs that "AFCs pay my rent."

Old October 24th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
(1617)

Wow, the pathetic, jealous, big-mouth-with-nothing-to-back-it-up FOOL is
only 283 points below my OLD rating.

snicker

"A player rated 2000 in my playing days is roughly equal to a 1600-1700
player today."
http://www.cybersheet.com/chess.html

In your own words...

so what you are really saying is that he is now equal to your PEAK
rating. and
who is the FOOL???

snicker

Old October 24th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot" wrote:
(1617)

Wow, the pathetic, jealous, big-mouth-with-nothing-to-back-it-up FOOL is
only 283 points below my OLD rating.

snicker

"A player rated 2000 in my playing days is roughly equal to a 1600-1700
player today."
http://www.cybersheet.com/chess.html

In your own words...

so what you are really saying is that he is now equal to your PEAK
rating. and
who is the FOOL???

I did it in the pre-computer era, FOOL.

Old October 24th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
Ron Ron is offline

In article ,
"Ray Gordon, creator of the \"pivot\"" wrote:

Wow, the pathetic, jealous, big-mouth-with-nothing-to-back-it-up FOOL is
only 283 points below my OLD rating.

Ray, this game was far more impressive than the one you recently posted.

And, to his credit, his didn't make any bogus claims about having
nonexistent breakthroughs "all figured out."

-Ron

Old October 24th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Wow, the pathetic, jealous, big-mouth-with-nothing-to-back-it-up FOOL is
only 283 points below my OLD rating.

Ray, this game was far more impressive than the one you recently posted.

Maybe it was. I don't post my A stuff now because I don't want to tip off
anyone to what I'm playing.

I also play one-minute chess, not "retard" chess.

I'll check that game again at some point to see what I thought I saw during
the game.

Old October 24th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

I also play one-minute chess, not "retard" chess.

you play games that you don't allow the opponent to think...
I believe your type of chess is closer to retart chess.

As a matter of fact you are too scared to play real
chess. too scared of 'cheaters'

Of course you will bluster along stating how wonderful
you are... threatening to sue everyone while we all
know its because you lack any form of self esteem
because you have accomplished nothing in your life.
That is not surprising from someone still living with
his mom at your age...

Old October 24th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

I also play one-minute chess, not "retard" chess.

you play games that you don't allow the opponent to think...
I believe your type of chess is closer to retart chess.

Does the NFL give players time to think? Is the NBA shot clock three
minutes?

Speed is part of every professional sport, and IQ test.

As a matter of fact you are too scared to play real
chess. too scared of 'cheaters'

Scared? Cheating is a reality in modern chess. Quick time controls are the
cure for that. Let there be some real security measures in place before I
return to slow chess.

Of course you will bluster along stating how wonderful
you are... threatening to sue everyone while we all
know its because you lack any form of self esteem
because you have accomplished nothing in your life.
That is not surprising from someone still living with
his mom at your age...

What preconceived notions must this man have about someone choosing to live
with his family? Maybe he gets his values from TV sitcoms or golddigging
whores.

He should look up Angelina Jolie's quote about men who think they're a
success just because they have money.

Old October 24th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

[...]

Hey Ray, post one of your OTB games if you are worried about cheating.
No comps there...

Who are you afraid of?

http://chess-training.blogspot.com

Old October 25th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Hey Ray, post one of your OTB games if you are worried about cheating.
No comps there...

Just toilets.

Who are you afraid of?

Look up Parker-Volovich in the August 1990 Chess Life, Larry Evans' column.
One of the best openings I ever played, against a 2508 player in the first
round.

That I didn't finish him off was actually why I quit training.