Old November 1st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default wch - what now ?

Now that reunification has taken place, how will the next world
champion gain their title ? I think after the San Luis WCh-FIDE
tournament, it was announced that it was such a success that future
world titles would be decided that way.

So is Kramnik expected to participate in the next WCh-FIDE tournament?
Or is it expected that the winner of the next WCh-FIDE tournament
gets to challenge the current world champion in a match ?
Or is it all still undecided ?

Regards, Peter

--
AUS/TAS/DPIW/CIT/Servers hbt/lnd/l8 6233 3061 http://www.pjb.com.au
Pasaré, pasarémos dice el agua y canta la verdad contra la piedra
Old November 1st 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Now that reunification has taken place, how will the next world
champion gain their title ? I think after the San Luis WCh-FIDE
tournament, it was announced that it was such a success that future
world titles would be decided that way.

So is Kramnik expected to participate in the next WCh-FIDE tournament?
Or is it expected that the winner of the next WCh-FIDE tournament
gets to challenge the current world champion in a match ?
Or is it all still undecided ?

Will this be in time for an American to accuse the Russians of taking easy
draws in the Candidates' Tournament in order to ensure that one of them wins
it?

--
Money is not "game."
Looks are not "game."

A seduction guru who teaches you that looks, money or status is game is not
teaching you "game," but how to be an AFC. He uses his students' money to
get women and laughs that "AFCs pay my rent."

Old November 1st 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ray Gordon, creator of the \"pivot\" wrote:
So is Kramnik expected to participate in the next WCh-FIDE tournament?
Or is it expected that the winner of the next WCh-FIDE tournament
gets to challenge the current world champion in a match ?
Or is it all still undecided ?

Will this be in time for an American to accuse the Russians of
taking easy draws in the Candidates' Tournament in order to ensure
that one of them wins it?

Dunno, Ray. How long did you say it was going to take you before you
got to the Candidates' Tournament?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Zen Laser (TM): it's like an intense
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ beam of light that puts you in touch

Old November 2nd 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Peter Billam wrote:
Now that reunification has taken place, how will the next world
champion gain their title ? I think after the San Luis WCh-FIDE
tournament, it was announced that it was such a success that future
world titles would be decided that way.

So is Kramnik expected to participate in the next WCh-FIDE tournament?
Or is it expected that the winner of the next WCh-FIDE tournament
gets to challenge the current world champion in a match ?
Or is it all still undecided ?

Regards, Peter

--
AUS/TAS/DPIW/CIT/Servers hbt/lnd/l8 6233 3061 http://www.pjb.com.au
Pasaré, pasarémos dice el agua y canta la verdad contra la piedra
-- Pablo Neruda

Hi Pete,

Just ignore the petty goings on of Ray Gordon...

1) Kramnik plays in the 2007 WCH Tournament in Mexico -
http://www.chessmexico.com/. Winner is FIDE World Champ.
2) Topalov is out of this cycle and is a spectator.

Only variable is that Topalov is trying to put together a challenge to
Kramnik's title (allowed based on FIDE rules) if he can come up with
1$MIL for Match, 20% for FIDE + Org costs in April/May 2007. Basically
the same thing Radjabov tried to do to Topalov. Unfortunately for
Radjabov, Topalov LOST to Kramnik.

Of course, this would **** everything up.

So, as usual, we are waiting to see what happens and what will Kirsan
do next?

But that is how it is today, right now, as I see it.

Self-training at chess? Read: http://chess-training.blogspot.com

Old November 2nd 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

1) Kramnik plays in the 2007 WCH Tournament in Mexico -
http://www.chessmexico.com/. Winner is FIDE World Champ.
2) Topalov is out of this cycle and is a spectator.

Only variable is that Topalov is trying to put together a challenge to
Kramnik's title (allowed based on FIDE rules) if he can come up with
1$MIL for Match, 20% for FIDE + Org costs in April/May 2007. Basically
the same thing Radjabov tried to do to Topalov. Unfortunately for
Radjabov, Topalov LOST to Kramnik.

I think Kramnik should refuse to play in the tourny and should play the

winner as the challenger to his world championship title. If FIDE
doesnt
like it he should say 'too bad'. I doubt FIDE would split the world
title
again considering how much effort it took to reunify.

just my 2cents

Old November 2nd 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On 2006-11-02, wrote:

Peter Billam wrote:
Now that reunification has taken place, how will the next world
champion gain their title ?

Just ignore the petty goings on of Ray Gordon...

It was a valid point, though, that we're back to the pre-Fischer
"the Russians are fixing world chess" structural flaw. Our only
get-out being that world chess currently isn't so dominated by
one nation.

1) Kramnik plays in the 2007 WCH Tournament in Mexico -
http://www.chessmexico.com/. Winner is FIDE World Champ.

Will there be one of these every two years ? (San Luis was in 2005)

2) Topalov is out of this cycle and is a spectator.

A strange arrangement... Hopefully he'll still be at his peak in 2009.

Only variable is that Topalov is trying to put together a challenge
to Kramnik's title (allowed based on FIDE rules) if he can come up
with 1$MIL for Match, 20% for FIDE + Org costs in April/May 2007.

Crass, isn't it? I suppose at least it's blatant :-(

But that is how it is today, right now, as I see it.

Great, thanks. Regards, Peter

Old November 3rd 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Inconnux wrote:
1) Kramnik plays in the 2007 WCH Tournament in Mexico -
http://www.chessmexico.com/. Winner is FIDE World Champ.
2) Topalov is out of this cycle and is a spectator.

Only variable is that Topalov is trying to put together a challenge to
Kramnik's title (allowed based on FIDE rules) if he can come up with
1$MIL for Match, 20% for FIDE + Org costs in April/May 2007. Basically
the same thing Radjabov tried to do to Topalov. Unfortunately for
Radjabov, Topalov LOST to Kramnik.

I think Kramnik should refuse to play in the tourny and should play the

winner as the challenger to his world championship title. If FIDE
doesnt
like it he should say 'too bad'. I doubt FIDE would split the world
title
again considering how much effort it took to reunify.

just my 2cents

Problem with that is that Kramnik would be violating a contract he
signed with FIDE I believe (I could be wrong), most likely resulting in
him forfeiting the title. Then, Kramnik would be the bad guy.

I think people want to see this go through at least one full cycle
before they pass rash judgement on it - at least I do. I am not crazy
about a tournament deciding the FIDE champion, but if that is what we
have, and that is what the players signed contracts for, so be it.

Get Better: http://chess-training.blogspot.com

Old November 4th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

I hate toutnaments. Dont get me wrong, they are finre, but not for
the "World Championship". A long match is the best way to decide who is
better between two players. The adjustments between games is a factor
that is taken out with tournaments. Whoever wins the tournament is the
world tournament champion, not the best player in the world.