Old November 2nd 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Banned from Gameknot

much to my embarrassment I've just been banned from GameKnot...it's a long
story...anyway i'm searching for an alternative free server....FICS is
currently offline....do you have any other recommendations?

thanx in advance

Old November 3rd 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
Ron Ron is offline

In article ,
"pocobueno" wrote:

much to my embarrassment I've just been banned from GameKnot...it's a long
story...anyway i'm searching for an alternative free server....FICS is
currently offline....do you have any other recommendations?

FICS is not currently offline - although I think new player registration
is.

-Ron
Old November 3rd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Caissas Web- Caissa.com- youll like it there.

Old November 3rd 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

wrote:
Caissas Web- Caissa.com- youll like it there.

May be 'www.letsplaychess.com'
or
www.redhotpawn.com

With Warm regards
Jatinder Singh

Old November 3rd 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

pocobueno wrote:
much to my embarrassment I've just been banned from GameKnot...it's a long
story...anyway i'm searching for an alternative free server....FICS is
currently offline....do you have any other recommendations?

thanx in advance

GameKnot is a correspondence server like RedHotPawn, yes? If you enjoy
that like I do, try ChessWorld.net. Lots of features.

But what did you do to get banned from GameKnot?

Old November 3rd 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

I'm afraid I lost it with a Premium member - I had a won game and the mother
wouldn't resign...when I finally mated him, I said a couple of things I
shouldn't have...my fault entirely...but you get that and I've learned my
lesson.

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old November 6th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Ron wrote:
"pocobueno" wrote:
much to my embarrassment I've just been banned from GameKnot...
it's a long story...anyway i'm searching for an alternative free
server....FICS is currently offline....do you have any other
recommendations?

FICS is not currently offline - although I think new player
registration is.

I think you're right. You'll need to connect using a downloaded
interface such as Babas Chess as the FICS webserver has been down for
a while, now.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Mentholated Gnome (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a smiling garden ornament but it's
Old November 10th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

pocobueno yazdi:
much to my embarrassment I've just been banned from GameKnot...it's a long
story...anyway i'm searching for an alternative free server....FICS is
currently offline....do you have any other recommendations?

thanx in advance

I recommend www.chesshere.com. As a free user you can play up-to 120
games at the same time. I was also banned from GameKnot. And I am very
satisfied with that site.

Old November 11th 06, 09:03 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
pocobueno yazdi:[color=blue][i]
much to my embarrassment I've just been banned from GameKnot...it's a long
story...anyway i'm searching for an alternative free server....FICS is
currently offline....do you have any other recommendations?

this has been answered like 100 times already. FICS is not down.