Old November 5th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Master level *is* tough to beat

I was having a go with Sanny's famous chess program, and boy, was I
surprised by the latest improvements. The game started like this:

[Event ""]
[Site "getclub.com"]
[Date "2006.11.04"]
[Round "-"]
[White "SannyBot"]
[Black "Zebediah"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. Nf3 O-O 5. Bf4 c5 6. dxc5 Qa5 7. Bxb8
Rxb8 8. Qd4 Nd5 9. Qxd5 Bxc3+ 10. Nd2 Bxb2 11. Rd1 Qxa2 12. Ne4 b6
13. f3 Bb7 14. Qxd7 Bxe4 15. fxe4 bxc5 16. Qd5 Qa5+

I was feeling pretty comfortable at this point, thinking that I was on
the
verge of winning some major material. However, my illusions were soon
crushed, as the SannyBot found the amazing resource 17. Qxf7!?!? mate!
Before I even realized what had happened, the board was gone and the
SannyBot had chalked up a win for itself.

Now a purist might quibble with 17. Qxf7 mate on the grounds that

1. it isn't a legal move
2. it isn't mate

but I have to admire the brutal efficiency of the solution, which
reminds
me somewhat of the old sweep-all-the-pieces-off-the-board method of
simplification. And in a way, it is only just, since in the previous
game,
the SannyBot incredibly placed a piece on its King's only flight
square,
not just overlooking but actually creating a mate in one.

The program now seems to be improved to such a degree that its play
is completely beyond my comprehension, so I don't think that I will try
sparring with it again any time soon. Good luck to the others.

Zeb

Old November 6th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default This Program Error will be removed soon.

I was feeling pretty comfortable at this point, thinking that I was on
the
verge of winning some major material. However, my illusions were soon
crushed, as the SannyBot found the amazing resource 17. Qxf7!?!? mate!
Before I even realized what had happened, the board was gone and the
SannyBot had chalked up a win for itself.

Zeb

Thanks Zeb, for telling us the Mistake. This Mistake will be removed
soon. The Programmers are working to find why this happened.

I am sure, This Program Error will be removed in 2-3 days.

Once the Program Error will be Removed your Ratings will be corrected.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 6th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Sorry for hijacking this tread, but starting a new one would be worse,
I think.
Sanny, a while ago I sent you a long email with some suggested
improvements to your program and a few random comments. I didn't get a
reply, so I assume it got lost somewhere.
Would it be better to post it here?

Phil

Old November 6th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry for hijacking this tread, but starting a new one would be worse,
I think.
Sanny, a while ago I sent you a long email with some suggested
improvements to your program and a few random comments. I didn't get a
reply, so I assume it got lost somewhere.
Would it be better to post it here?

Phil

Yes please . some of us would like to look :-)

Regards

Terry

Old November 7th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default ERROR REMOVED !!!

The program now seems to be improved to such a degree that its play
is completely beyond my comprehension, so I don't think that I will try
sparring with it again any time soon. Good luck to the others.

Your Ratings have been Reset and this Error has been Removed, So if you
play this game again it will move King to save it from Check.

Thanks for finding an error. As it helped us remove it.

Bye
Sanny