Old November 6th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Newbie: Queen side attack

Besides the Queens Gambit, what other queen side attack openings are
there?

For White or for Black. I am sure that there are a lot of openings,
but, which are the good ones.

Old November 7th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
Ron Ron is offline

In article .com,
"General Fear" wrote:

Besides the Queens Gambit, what other queen side attack openings are
there?

For White or for Black. I am sure that there are a lot of openings,
but, which are the good ones.

..

Honestly, a queenside attack is just one of many possible themes in the
queen's gambit. Kingside attacks also play a regular role in that
opening.

Attacking the queenside is a standard theme for white in the Ruy Lopez.
It's very common for black in the sicilian.
Old November 7th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

General Fear wrote:
Besides the Queens Gambit, what other queen side attack openings are
there?

For White or for Black. I am sure that there are a lot of openings,
but, which are the good ones.

..

English, Gruenfeld, Benko, to name a few.

http://chess-training.blogspot.com