Old November 7th 06, 08:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Whats your Opinion about GetClub Game.?

Now the GetClub Game has reached new heights. As it has been improved
with 99% of the Problems Solved.

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

It saves its King from Opponents Attack, It also preventing its pieces
from being Killed.

Play a game and tell me your Opinion about Latest Improvements.

Tell me three things.

1. What improvements you have found in this game?

2. Is it playing Stronger than Earlier

3. Is it making its move in Time.

Show me the Recorded game , But sure start with Beginner Level and
slowly advance to stronger Levels.

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner Level : 10-20 seconds
Easy Level : 20-40 seconds
Normal Level : 1-2 minutes

With every improvement the game is becomming Tougher than ever.

Still finding any Problem tell me its weaknesses by showing the
Recorded Game. Note I can only understand Recorded Game and you need to
tell Why that move was a mistake.

Play a new Game as Now the GetClub Game Plays very nice moves.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 7th 06, 08:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Sanny" wrote in message
ps.com...
Now the GetClub Game has reached new heights. As it has been improved
with 99% of the Problems Solved.

[...]

Still finding any Problem tell me its weaknesses by showing the
Recorded Game. Note I can only understand Recorded Game and you need to
tell Why that move was a mistake.

The following bugs still exist in the chess game.

BUG #1: Illegal moves are allowed while the King is in check by an
opponent's piece.

BUG #2: Opponent is allowed to capture the king to win the game.

Steps to reproduce both bugs:
1. Start a new game at the Beginner (free) level, and play as White.
2. Play the following moves listed below:

1. f3 (black plays e5)
2. Kf2 (black plays Nc6)
3. Ke3 (black plays Bc5)
4. Kd4 (black wins and the board resets for a new game): note that the white
king illegally moved into double-check while already in check, and black
illegally captured the white king following whites illegal move.

Bug #1 is a high severity/must-fix defect because only three possible moves
are allowed when the King is in check:

1. The King must move to another square to escape from check. (The program
needs to check to make sure this move is also not moving into check.) Or,
2. The checking piece must be captured. (The program needs to check to make
sure that no other occurrences of check exist before allowing the capture of
the checking piece, and that moving a piece to capture the checking piece
does not allow another piece to check the king.)
3. Another piece must interpose between the checking piece and the king that
is in check. (The program needs to check to make sure that no other
instances of check exist before allowing the piece to interpose, and also
needs to check to make sure that moving the piece to interpose does not also
allow another piece to check the king.)

Bug #2 is high severity/must-fix defect because the King is not a capturable
piece in standard Chess--the King must be checkmated in order for the
opponent to win, and checkmate means that the King is in check and cannot
escape check.

Otherwise, if the bugs continue to exist, the chess game is not playing
legal chess.

Old November 7th 06, 09:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

Now the GetClub Game has reached new heights. As it has been improved
with 99% of the Problems Solved.

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

It saves its King from Opponents Attack, It also preventing its pieces
from being Killed.

Easy level, November 7, 2006:

GetClub vs. nomorechess

1.Nf3 c5
2.d4 cd
3.Qxd4 Nf6
4.Bf4 d6 (threatens immediate win of a piece by a pawn fork)
5.Nc3 e5 (game over: White hangs a piece and loses)

The display shows the computer looking at least 8 plys
deep (probably a couple more, but I switch to another tab
to read while it "thinks"), yet it cannot see simple forks
which will decide the game on the spot. In my opinion,
there are just three things your program needs to learn
before it can begin playing decent chess:

1.tactics

2.tactics

and most important,

3.tactics

(apart from learning the actual rules regarding draws
and checkmate, that is).

-- help bot

Old November 7th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Both Bugs have been Removed.

BUG #1: Illegal moves are allowed while the King is in check by an
opponent's piece.

Now on you cannot play any illegal move where your King goes into
CHECK.

BUG #2: Opponent is allowed to capture the king to win the game.

This Bug was removed 2 months Back only.

Steps to reproduce both bugs:
1. Start a new game at the Beginner (free) level, and play as White.
2. Play the following moves listed below:

1. f3 (black plays e5)
2. Kf2 (black plays Nc6)
3. Ke3 (black plays Bc5)
4. Kd4 (black wins and the board resets for a new game): note that the white
king illegally moved into double-check while already in check, and black

Now you can nomore play K-d4 or any Illegal move.

It has been Fixed. Play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Bug #2 is high severity/must-fix defect because the King is not a capturable
piece in standard Chess--the King must be checkmated in order for the
opponent to win, and checkmate means that the King is in check and cannot
escape check.

Already Fixed 2 months Back.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 7th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but that 1% is killing you Sanny...

http://chess-training.blogspot.com

Old November 7th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
Rob Rob is offline

wrote:
Sanny wrote:
[...]

Zed is much more entertaining, and according to Taylor Kingston, a
stronger opponent:
http://tinyurl.com/s8ws3

Old November 8th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 2006-11-07, Sanny wrote:
Now the GetClub Game has reached new heights. As it has been improved
with 99% of the Problems Solved.

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

It saves its King from Opponents Attack, It also preventing its pieces
from being Killed.

Play a game and tell me your Opinion about Latest Improvements.

Tell me three things.

1. What improvements you have found in this game?

2. Is it playing Stronger than Earlier

3. Is it making its move in Time.

After waiting between 2 and 3 *hours* for move 5 on normal level
this afternoon, I gave up when more than an hour passed waiting for
move 6.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org
Author:
Old November 8th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

3. Is it making its move in Time.

After waiting between 2 and 3 *hours* for move 5 on normal level
this afternoon, I gave up when more than an hour passed waiting for
move 6.

When the program seems to be making no real progress
on its next move, try closing your browser and logging back
on again, starting where you left off. Next, try a reboot of
Windows. If that fails, erase your hard drive and install a
new operating system. Next, throw your computer away
and get a new one, preferably with Vista as the operating
system. If that doesn't work, just give up chess altogether
and get a real life.

-- help bot

Old November 8th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Little Tactic has been added to the Game

1.tactics

2.tactics

and most important,

A bit of Tactic has been added to the game, now it will look at moves
in more detail.

Play a Game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Play new games to see if they play well.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 8th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

Play a game and tell me your Opinion about Latest Improvements.

Tell me three things.

1. What improvements you have found in this game?

none

2. Is it playing Stronger than Earlier

no

3. Is it making its move in Time.