Old November 16th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Beginner Level playing very fast.

Today, I just thought of playing a game with Beginner Level

Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I was surprised to see how fast it was making it's move.

initial 5 moves were made in just 2 seconds.

First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

And Now it is way too fast for Lightning Games.

Start a Game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

However if you want to play Tough games you should play Normal & Master
Levels like Zebediah has beaten Master Level yesterday.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 16th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

And Now it is way too fast for Lightning Games.

???
Please explain this to me. My native language is not English, but I allways
thought, that lighting chess, can't ever be played fast enough.
3 sec per move seems very slow for Lightning chess.
If there's something I misunderstood, then my apologies.
Otherwise, please don't agree with me, just to get me to play your game.

Old November 16th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
Today, I just thought of playing a game with Beginner Level

Me, too.

Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I was surprised to see how fast it was making it's move.

It was hard to see how fast moves were made, because the
board display was often wrong. Pieces did not move correctly, sometimes
there were extra pieces on the board for about 10 seconds. The
interface was generally annoying.

initial 5 moves were made in just 2 seconds.

I think that's right, but it took 10 seconds for the display to be correct.

First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

No. By move 10 EACH move was taking 10 seconds.

Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

Ah...so you recognize that the program is not meeting the advertised
time control (10 seconds/move). When will this be fixed?

And Now it is way too fast for Lightning Games.

It's also pitifully weak. It played an Alekhine's defense, so (just for
fun) I sac'd a N on f7, developed a few pieces into the center, pushed
the two center pawns down it's throat, and...ah...what's that? Q-h5 mate.

Ho hum.

Annoying interface, slower than advertised, seems to be solving
self-mate problems.

Start a Game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

However if you want to play Tough games you should play Normal & Master
Levels like Zebediah has beaten Master Level yesterday.

Bye
Sanny

You can play here - but it's not "chess".

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old November 16th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
SBD SBD is offline

On Nov 16, 10:07 am, Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Annoying interface, slower than advertised, seems to be solving
self-mate problems.

Slower than advertised is something of an understatement still. On the
Beginner level it took 20 seconds to consider the only king move it
had. And yes, just throwing pieces at it works wonders. When there is a
defense, it doesn't play that, but instead starts to sacrifice its own
pieces. Very odd.

I would say that saying it is solving self-mate problems is an insult
to any computer that can solve selfmates. But the older term "sui-mate"
for suicide mate, seems to describe it nicely.

In fact, I suggest to Sanny that he call it "Sanny's sui-mate chess" -
after all, all the other engines have a name.

I still say the program I made from an old TRS-80 magazine in the 1980s
played better than this - and that one had to run off of a cassette
tape (!) - still, after months of so-called "development." I think
Sanny must be planning some Borat-type of joke, because no one could be
serious about this thing.

Old November 16th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 2006-11-16, Sanny wrote:
Today, I just thought of playing a game with Beginner Level

Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I was surprised to see how fast it was making it's move.

initial 5 moves were made in just 2 seconds.

First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

And Now it is way too fast for Lightning Games.

Sorry to disillusion you, but it is still nowhere near lightning
speed.

On beginner level, it played the first 5 or 6 moves quickly. Since
then it has taken from 2 to 6 minutes for every move. Currently
on about move 12 (why does the program not display move numbers?
and standard algebraic notation would be nice).

Ah... from about move 13 or 14, it has picked up speed and is now
taking 20 to 30 seconds per move.

A few moves further on it is moving very quickly -- less than 10
seconds per move -- but it is throwing pieces away.

Now, a rook and two pieces down, it is taking longer again ... 4
minutes ... 5 ... 6.5 minutes to move.

A little better on the next .. 1 minute .. same again ... for a
few moves.

Now back to minutes, with the computer (Black) kpp against
KRNBPPPP. My b pawn is 2 squares from promotion with Black's king
on the other side of the board. 5 minutes, and Black didn't take a
free knight. 4 minutes, and Black took the knight; I promoted to a
queen. Mate's 3 or 4 moves (i.e., half an hour) away ... no,
Black resigned.

The time taken is a vast improvement, but still nowhere near the
time claimed, and nowhere near blitz or lightning speed. The
quality of play, on the other hand, is abysmal.

Start a Game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

However if you want to play Tough games you should play Normal & Master
Levels like Zebediah has beaten Master Level yesterday.

The last game I played at normal level took days. The rest of my
beard would turn grey before I could finish a game at master
level.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org
Author:

Old November 17th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default All levels play fast.

First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

No. By move 10 EACH move was taking 10 seconds.

Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

Ah...so you recognize that the program is not meeting the advertised
time control (10 seconds/move). When will this be fixed?

The Game Advertise as below

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner Level 10-20 seconds/move
Easy Level 30-60 seconds/move
Normal Level 1-2 minutes/move

Bye
Sanny

Play chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Old November 17th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Sanny" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

No. By move 10 EACH move was taking 10 seconds.

Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

Ah...so you recognize that the program is not meeting the advertised
time control (10 seconds/move). When will this be fixed?

The Game Advertise as below

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner Level 10-20 seconds/move
Easy Level 30-60 seconds/move
Normal Level 1-2 minutes/move

Bye
Sanny

Play chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

And still, blind to all the feedback, the advertizing continues....

Old November 17th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Ruud" And still, blind to all the feedback, the advertizing
continues....

Have you ever had a really old ****ty car that barely got you to work and
you only worked a mile from your house? I have.

I understand Sanny perfectly. For the time I had that hunk of **** car, I
thought of it as the best car on earth and praised its virtues in spite of
reality.

Why? Because the alternative was walking. Public transportation in Miami is
practically non-existant.

Old November 18th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

No. By move 10 EACH move was taking 10 seconds.

Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

Ah...so you recognize that the program is not meeting the advertised
time control (10 seconds/move). When will this be fixed?

The Game Advertise as below

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner Level 10-20 seconds/move
Easy Level 30-60 seconds/move
Normal Level 1-2 minutes/move

Why do you bother lying about it? It still takes easily up to 7 minutes
per move.
Old November 18th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
First 10 moves in 4-5 seconds.

No. By move 10 EACH move was taking 10 seconds.
Later it took 10-15 seconds for a few moves

Ah...so you recognize that the program is not meeting the advertised
time control (10 seconds/move). When will this be fixed?

The Game Advertise as below

Games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner Level 10-20 seconds/move
Easy Level 30-60 seconds/move
Normal Level 1-2 minutes/move

Bye
Sanny

Play chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I see: "[Free] Beginner (10 sec / move) SCO Win:100 Draw:!"

Do you see something different?

Or, do you just not see?

--
Kenneth Sloan