Old December 20th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default How can I become a US chess professional ??

I read an article in Chess Life discussed how all the russian players
that immigrated to the US during the 70s and 80s changed tournaments
and how they play chess to make a living.

I think that this sounds really interesting and the benefits are
wonderful. I would just have to play a tournament each weekend with
either a 2-day or 3-day schedule and then I also get Monday through
Thursday off. This has got to be one of the most easy and wonderful
jobs out there. I don't understand why in the article it stated that a
psychologist would question Fedorowicz after he said that he wanted to
be a chess professional. Getting Monday through Thursday off each week
sounds awesome!!!

How high of a rating would I need to accomplish this? Can anyone
recommend some books to read? And what are the typical salary
expectiations for a US chess professionaL?

Thanks.

Old December 26th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

The chess professionals I know have 2600 ratings and study upwards of
60 to 80 hours a week and make incomes under 40,000 a year. Remember
that these are also rather brilliant people who could likely make much
more doing other things. If you think studying 60 to 80 hours a week
is easy go ahead, otherwise you will not be successful

Old December 26th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

salient2 wrote:
The chess professionals I know have 2600 ratings and study upwards of
60 to 80 hours a week and make incomes under 40,000 a year. Remember
that these are also rather brilliant people who could likely make much
more doing other things. If you think studying 60 to 80 hours a week
is easy go ahead, otherwise you will not be successful

Exactly which chess professionals might you speak of and how do you
know how much they study or how much they make?

Old December 30th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

You might start by solving my

Daily Chess Problem at
http://blubbie.com/chess/dailyproblem/index.html

Good luck,
blubbie

ps. please keep you day job. LOL

"Zero" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old December 30th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

How to be a CHESS PROFESSONIAL

Go to your local chess club. Find some middle age men who like to give
gifts to children. Try to catch them messing with the child, but don't
get involved. Then, extort from the child molester USCF rating points.

Keep on inflating your rating, while your "mule" pusher molests lots of
children.

Then, call up Goichberg, and complain to him that you can't play in the
USCF chess championship. Complain about Sam Sloan. Mention the child
molester, and tell him that you don't want to hurt the IMAGE OF CHESS.
Mention CHESS LIKE ISLAM. Make chess a religion, and WORSHIP CHESS IN
FRONT OF THE HIGH PRIEST, GOICHBERG.

You then get into the US Chess Championship.

Now, if you do all of this, and study chess

YOU ARE A CHESS PROFESSIONAL

Marcus Roberts

Old January 3rd 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

What is their salary? Their faces on the cover of Chess Life magazine;
they have to be rich. Allen Iverson got his face on the cover of
sports magazine when he got traded to the Denver Nuggets and he is a
gazillionaire!!

by the way, who is goichberg ?

Old January 3rd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Bill Goichberg is the President of the United States of America Chess
Federation, Inc., an Illnois Corproation. The USCF really doesn't
include all of the USA, the US Virgin Islands and Pureto are Voting
FIDE Nations. Bill Goicbherg is my business compeitior.

Marcus Roberts

Old January 3rd 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Zero wrote:
I read an article in Chess Life discussed how all the russian players
that immigrated to the US during the 70s and 80s changed tournaments
and how they play chess to make a living.

I think that this sounds really interesting and the benefits are
wonderful. I would just have to play a tournament each weekend with
either a 2-day or 3-day schedule and then I also get Monday through
Thursday off.

There are much better jobs for you. For example, pro football player.
Especially place kicker. You work 16 weeks a year, 3 hours per week,
and you get Monday through Saturday off (actually, normal kickers
practice all week, but since you don't expect to practice chess, you
don't have to practice kicking either). And even when you work, all you
have to do is kick a little ball 7 or 8 times. That's all.

This has got to be one of the most easy and wonderful
jobs out there. I don't understand why in the article it stated that a
psychologist would question Fedorowicz after he said that he wanted to
be a chess professional. Getting Monday through Thursday off each week
sounds awesome!!!

How high of a rating would I need to accomplish this?

All you need is to be able to kick the ball about 70 yards. No biggie.

Oh, one more skill: when you score a field goal, you should be able to
jump up and scream with joy.

Can anyone
recommend some books to read?

Yes. "Kicking and Screaming for Fun and Profit" by Sam Sloan and Thomas
Jefferson.

And what are the typical salary
expectiations for a US chess professionaL?

Average chess professionals make maybe $15,000 per year, but average US
place kicker professionals make maybe $3,000,000 per year.

Bon Voyage!

Old January 3rd 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

"Zero" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If you feel compelled to ask absurd questions such as "How high of a rating
would I need to accomplish this" and "Can anyone recommend some books to
read" in spamtrap passing as a usenet group, I can save you some
trouble........You will NEVER be a chess professional! In fact, I would be
extremely surprised if you even get to 1800.

JMR

Old January 3rd 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Which is faster: The Enterprise or the Millenium Falcon

The Enterprise......DUH! The MF can't even do warp 1. The impulse speed
alone on the Enterprise goes faster.

JMR