Old December 21st 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Analysis of an Scotch position

In the book "an attacking repertoire for white", after the moves

1.e5 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.Nxd4 Bc5 5.Nxc6 Qf6 6.Qd2 dxc6 7.Nc3 Bd4
8.Bd3 Ne7 (which isn't the only move here) 9.0-0 Ng6 10.Ne2!

Sam Collins annotates the move with an admiration mark and comments
something about "putting the question on the bishop as soon as
possible", but without giving any insight, neither any assessment on
the critical position which happens after 10...Bxb2 11.Bxb2 Qxb2

Which compensation does white get for the pawn? Is it enought? I think
is white who has to prove anything, but seems to have good prospects on
the king side. White gets a strong center and an advantage in
development and the initiative, a semi-open b column which can be used
to difficult black's queenside development. White can try to advance
the e and f pawns while black tries to finish his development and
improves the position of the queen, but this seems really trivial
ideas. What more aspects do you see in this position to work with?

Thx

Old December 22nd 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

En/na ha escrit:
[...]

If you do not feel confortable with that line you can do two tasks:
- First: to play this position with a friend many times in order to
understand it.
- Second: to try to find your own way searching a mobe/plan where you
feel more confortable (for example 10.Kh1)

Antonio T.

Old December 22nd 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Hola Antonio,

No friend of mine plays main lines..., only silicon friends may be.
Here we play mainly unconventional chess. I feel really confortable
with white in this position playing blitz, however it doesn't mean that
I would feel the same confidence OTB. But, anyway, what do you feel
about this position? Is the pawn "really" compensated by the dynamic
possibilities?

Thx

Pd. Bones Festes

Antonio Torrecillas ha escrito:

En/na ha escrit:

Old December 22nd 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

wrote:
Antonio Torrecillas ha escrito:
- First: to play this position with a friend many times in order to
understand it.

No friend of mine plays main lines...

How does that stop you setting up the position and playing from there?

I feel really confortable with white in this position playing blitz,
however it doesn't mean that I would feel the same confidence OTB.

I suggest looking at your blitz games from this position and seeing if
your oppponent missed any defences. If you can't find any problems
with your opponents' play, you should feel confident playing the
position OTB.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Beefy Dictator (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ totalitarian leader that's made from
Old December 27th 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Hola,

10.Kh1 is a "useful waiting move". It seems interesting to delay the
pawn sac for a move. I will try it.

Thx

Antonio Torrecillas ha escrito:

Hola,

In my opinion white has compensation for the pawn.

But I also have my own preferences, I prefer not to sacrifice a pawn in
that position and play 10.Kh1 as I wrote. But that is just a decision
based on my style of play.

Antonio

En/na ha escrit: