Old December 21st 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default The RGC Chess Challenge

We are going to have the first ever rgc online email chess tournament.
Please email me after you sign up with your registration name so the
cross table can me maintained. This is everyones chance to show what
they have got. We have at least three signed up so far. Who will be
next?

Who would you love to play? Come on, issue a challenge to someone. Will
they play?

There will be no way to determine if chess computers are being used or
not. I believe that most here act with honor and would not use one. If
there is a dispute we can settle it with pea shooters at two paces!

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Rob

Old December 22nd 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message
ups.com...
We are going to have the first ever rgc online email chess tournament.
Please email me after you sign up with your registration name so the
cross table can me maintained. This is everyones chance to show what
they have got. We have at least three signed up so far. Who will be
next?

Who would you love to play? Come on, issue a challenge to someone. Will
they play?

There will be no way to determine if chess computers are being used or
not. I believe that most here act with honor and would not use one. If
there is a dispute we can settle it with pea shooters at two paces!

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

This is an excellent idea. I subscribe to this chess service and I highly
recommend it. You play all your moves on the server, so there's nothing to
download, no arcane email transmissions as with traditional chess-by-email.
I've played hundreds of games on this server.

It would be fun to play some of you characters.

Old December 22nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Rob Mitchell wrote:
We are going to have the first ever rgc online email chess tournament.
Please email me after you sign up with your registration name so the
cross table can me maintained. This is everyones chance to show what
they have got. We have at least three signed up so far. Who will be
next?

Who would you love to play? Come on, issue a challenge to someone. Will
they play?

There will be no way to determine if chess computers are being used or
not. I believe that most here act with honor and would not use one. If
there is a dispute we can settle it with pea shooters at two paces!

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Rob

We don't play chess here. We just yell at each other about it.

Old December 23rd 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
[...]

It is probably the only way to play some of the regular posters, unless
the state hospital allows trips outside for chess.

Old December 23rd 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rob Mitchell wrote:
We are going to have the first ever rgc online email chess tournament.
Please email me after you sign up with your registration name so the
cross table can me maintained. This is everyones chance to show what
they have got. We have at least three signed up so far. Who will be
next?

Who would you love to play? Come on, issue a challenge to someone. Will
they play?

There will be no way to determine if chess computers are being used or
not. I believe that most here act with honor and would not use one. If
there is a dispute we can settle it with pea shooters at two paces!

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Rob

We don't play chess here. We just yell at each other about it.

Sam, since you are too scared to play me OTB in your beloved Damiano, why
don't we play online? We can have a 6 game (or 4 game, 2 game -- whatever)
match. I will not use any computers except for opening preparation, and only
until the opening book is exhausted (move 2). You are a man of honor, and so
am I. You have no excuse. If you determine I have gone to the bathroom too
many times I will resign the match to you.

Whaddya say, chicken?

Cheers,

The Tidy Bowl Man (Angelo)

Old December 23rd 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Rob Mitchell wrote:
We are going to have the first ever rgc online email chess tournament.
Please email me after you sign up with your registration name so the
cross table can me maintained. This is everyones chance to show what
they have got. We have at least three signed up so far. Who will be
next?

Who would you love to play? Come on, issue a challenge to someone. Will
they play?

There will be no way to determine if chess computers are being used or
not. I believe that most here act with honor and would not use one. If
there is a dispute we can settle it with pea shooters at two paces!

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Rob

I've been signed up with ChessWorld for a while. It would be useful if
people posted the name they use on that server so others on RGC* could
find them.

Look me up -- I'm not hard to find. ChessWorld handle: "Nemmers"

Old December 23rd 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Rob Mitchell wrote:
We are going to have the first ever rgc online email chess tournament.
Please email me after you sign up with your registration name so the
cross table can me maintained. This is everyones chance to show what
they have got. We have at least three signed up so far. Who will be
next?

My prediction is that Rybka -- ah, I mean IM Innes, will
prevail. Even Sam Sloan and his Damiano Attack cannot
hold up to the scrutiny of a nearly-an-IM, with an improved
rating of 3000+. I fear that human vs. human correspondence
chess is dead. Some will claim they only use computers to
"check for blunders", but I don't believe this is fair to those
who play unarmed.

-- help bot

Old December 23rd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Matt Nemmers wrote:
Rob Mitchell wrote:
[...]

Matt,
I am signed on as : robmtchl= Rob Mitchell
You are Nemmers= Matt Nemmers

Angelo we need yours as well
Everyone else should take the 3minutes to sign up for this service and
post your playing name online so we can get on with this. I think it
will be great fun!
Rob

Old December 23rd 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On 23 Dec 2006 09:32:17 -0800, "Rob" wrote:

I am signed on as : robmtchl= Rob Mitchell
You are Nemmers= Matt Nemmers

Angelo we need yours as well
Everyone else should take the 3minutes to sign up for this service and
post your playing name online so we can get on with this. I think it
will be great fun!

I'm registered as "Mike Murray". There's somebody else already there
as "mikemurray", which might cause confusion.