Old December 27th 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Analyze this game which drew.

This game was played between me and a player at GetClub. After a few
moves my Opponent asked for Draw I though may be I will loose the game
So I Accepted the Draw.

Can anyone find who was having winning Chance.

[White: First Test]
[Black: Myself]
[Played at http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html]

1.d4 d5
2.c4 Nf6
3.cxd5 Nxd5
4.e4 Nb6
5.Nc3 e6
6.Nf3 Be7
7.Be2 0-0
8.0-0 h6
9.Bf4 Nc6
10.Nb5 Bd6
11. Nxd6 cxd6
12. a3 and

On 12th move he asked for a Draw which I accepted. Any Idea who had
winning Chances. I accepted because I had black pieces and Draw with
Black Pieces is good.

Bye
Sanny

Old December 27th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Sanny wrote:
[...]

Looks like white is slightly better here (c-file, better center), but
why draw so early in the game? You should always play these games out
until the end. It's the only way you can improve.

'Draw with Black Pieces is good' may be true at the top levels of
chess, Sanny, but at this level, chances are that both sides will make
several inaccuracies so the practical chances are even for black at
worst.

12.a3 was not so good. Qd3, idea Rfc1 looks better to me to put
pressure on the c-file. Standard plan there....

Regards,
Mark

Learn How to self-train: http://chess-training.blogspot.com