Old December 28th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Default fritz10 engine in CB8

Hello,
I am unable to select my Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase 8.
I already copied crafty 20 and fritz 10 engine from common files to the CB8
folder where the other enginges are listened

Dirk

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

Old December 28th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

"Dirk" wrote in rec.games.chess.analysis:

Hello,
I am unable to select my Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase 8.
I already copied crafty 20 and fritz 10 engine from common files to the
CB8 folder where the other enginges are listened

To run F10 in CB9 you need the most recent update of the GUI; maybe there's
also an update available for CB8 so F10 can run in that GUI too.

--
CeeBee

*** Democracy is not a spectator sport ***
Old December 29th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Hello,
I am unable to select my Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase 8.
I already copied crafty 20 and fritz 10 engine from common files to the
CB8 folder where the other enginges are listened

To run F10 in CB9 you need the most recent update of the GUI; maybe
there's
also an update available for CB8 so F10 can run in that GUI too.

--
CeeBee

The latest updates from chessbase are installed.These are from 2005.
But I can not run the engine from Fritz 10 in CB8.

Old January 4th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

Thank you much Gilles,

So the money must flow towards CB.

regards Dirk

ps: to CeeBee: " I was asking about CB 8."

Old January 4th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

"Dirk" wrote in rec.games.chess.analysis:

ps: to CeeBee: " I was asking about CB 8."

And as you could read I answered you about CB8. I explained to you that you
need CB9 with the latest update to run F10 in the GUI. With that I obviously
meant that CB8 doesn't run F10 in it's GUI, as even CB9 doesn't in the
original version.

As I'm not well-known with the update policy for legacy programs it was
reason I let the possibility open that there might be a fix available from
ChessBase. So I suggested that as you own CB8 you could try to query for a
recent update and see if that does the trick. Without CB8 on the PC
(anymore), like me, one can't see if that solution is viable.

From your response I understand you run the latest possible update of CB8.
If that's the case, you're indeed out of luck. Sorry to hear. However it's
not uncommon, and certainly not sure that ChessBase does this out of some
kind of greed. Once F5 was 16 bit, and then came 32-bit, and your F5 copy
wouldn't run anymore in a newer Fritz interface.

Sometimes changes in hard- or software (like Vista) could force changes in
other software protocols.

--
CeeBee

*** entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem ***