Old December 29th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Default Current list of RGC tournament players

This is the current nickname list of players:

adp
chess one
GrantPerks
Inconnux
Mike Murray
Nemmers
Randy395919
VinnyJH
robmtchl

Old December 29th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

On 29 Dec 2006 07:21:18 -0800, "Rob" wrote:

This is the current nickname list of players:

adp
chess one
GrantPerks
Inconnux
Mike Murray
Nemmers
Randy395919
VinnyJH
robmtchl

When I signed up, I thought the tournament would be similar to the
ones that can be organized on playchess.com, i.e., that it would take
place in real time, more or less in single session.

While I'll be happy to arrange some fast time-control games (on
playchess or some other site) against anybody on this list, e-mail
chess isn't my bag.
Old December 29th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Mike Murray wrote:
On 29 Dec 2006 07:21:18 -0800, "Rob" wrote:

This is the current nickname list of players:

adp
chess one
GrantPerks
Inconnux

Nemmers
Randy395919
VinnyJH
robmtchl

When I signed up, I thought the tournament would be similar to the
ones that can be organized on playchess.com, i.e., that it would take
place in real time, more or less in single session.

While I'll be happy to arrange some fast time-control games (on
playchess or some other site) against anybody on this list, e-mail
chess isn't my bag.

Okay Mike,
Deleted you from the list. :-) If you reconsider, let Angelo or me
know.
Happy new year buddy!
Rob

Old January 8th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default RGC tournament players/ The Game is Afoot!

We are now in the enrollment stage! The RGC Chess Challenge has begun!
Here is the information:

Tournament #69085 named: RGC Round Robin Tournament

Open to all stating Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced

Click here to sign up. Nothing to download!
http://tinyurl.com/ynxfl8

Rob

Nickname for tournament:robmtchl

Old January 8th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Urgent Tournament update

Rob wrote:
This is the current nickname list of players:

adp
chess one
GrantPerks
Inconnux
Mike Murray
Nemmers
Randy395919
VinnyJH
robmtchl

If you are not a full member of Chess World .net I will have to email
you an invitation to the tournament directly. There are still some bugs
to get worked out.

Please email me at: robmtchl @ msn . com

if you have anytrouble at so so I can fix it.
Rob

Old January 9th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Pay attention to my problem

Rob Mitchell wrote:
Rob wrote:
This is the current nickname list of players:

adp
chess one
GrantPerks
Inconnux
Mike Murray
Nemmers
Randy395919
VinnyJH
robmtchl

If you are not a full member of Chess World .net I will have to email
you an invitation to the tournament directly. There are still some bugs
to get worked out.

Please email me at: robmtchl @ msn . com

if you have anytrouble at so so I can fix it.
Rob

How can you have a tournament when I'm suspended from Nolanland?

Old January 9th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

And we're off! With about 4 non-ng participants rated around 1800-1900,
including fantastic Fast Phil [not me!] who has already played a bunch of
moves as white and black. Phil

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old January 9th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

samsloan wrote:
Rob Mitchell wrote:
Rob wrote:
This is the current nickname list of players:

adp
chess one
GrantPerks
Inconnux
Mike Murray
Nemmers
Randy395919
VinnyJH
robmtchl

If you are not a full member of Chess World .net I will have to email
you an invitation to the tournament directly. There are still some bugs
to get worked out.

Please email me at: robmtchl @ msn . com

if you have anytrouble at so so I can fix it.
Rob

On USCF Forums, Bill Goichberg just posted the following regarding the
suspension of Beatriz Marinello from posting:

DECISION MADE BY MIKE NOLAN, SERVING AS A MODERATOR OF THE USCF FORUM;
BILL HALL, USCF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR; AND BILL GOICHBERG, PRESIDENT OF
THE USCF

I was not aware of the above headline in advance and do not agree with
it. I expressed my personal opinion (that the info was confidential)
before any other Board member commented, and I did not claim that my
opinion was necessarily that of the whole Board.

Bill Goichberg

(remainder snipped)

What is going on here is that Bill Goichberg was gung-ho to suspend
both Beatriz Marinello and myself from posting to the USCF Forums, but
now that he is being challenged on this, he is saying that it was not
his fault, and that Mike Nolan should be blamed for the whole thing.

Mike Nolan is going to be made the fall-guy.

For those who have been wondering whether Goichberg is a man or a
mouse, now we know the answer. Goichberg is a mouse.